Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By Done4
I can't get to the web site, it says safari can not connect to the server. I'm on a pro mac computer if that helps.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, and I got the same message at first. After about 5 tries it worked. Tried it later and could not connect again. Switched from Safari to Firefox and no problem. Could be just too much traffic as all the old gassers are checking it out? Not enough bandwidth? Just a guess ..btw, great site.

Ed from South Jersey
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Old racer,

You think you get a lot of requests, try writing a gas pump book, writing a air meter book and having a website with over 12,000 images on it.

Just kidding, I know where you are coming from, but the best thing I saw on your site is how you approached requests for info/values/etc. Your contract with a animal rescue or what ever is one of the best things I have ever seen to tell people that there are a little reason for me accumulating over 41 file drawers of service station literature.

Just six months ago my daughter (she is 58 years old) started a non profit animal rescue. She had driven over 100 miles each way just to pick up a dog that needs rescue. I will shortly be doing the same thing you are doing and I kick my self in the ***** as to why didn't think of this a long time ago.

My information on gas pumps is limited to my literature, yours is from hands on, having to have restored more pumps than I ever had time to do.

If someone emails me a question that I cannot answer from my literature, I will be happily be sending them to you for an answer.

Possibly between the two of us we have found a way to support a needed effort that we can all support.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jack, thank you for your endorsement. That means a lot to me.
The amazing thing to me is the fact that about have the people who write to us and ask for information never re-contact us after we point out the request for the donation to the animal shelter. They don't want to spend $10 to find out what their pump is worth or identify it.
Then again we have people send $50 or as much as $100 because they feel the cause is worth while.
We learned first hand how important rescue shelters are when we rescued our dog.
Good luck to your daughter and thank you for considering the addition of a donation aspect to your site.

I just hope my mind is as sharp as yours when I am 80.

Joesy thank you too!

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Kudos John on the shelter donation idea.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks again to everyone for the feedback on our site. Just what we were looking for.
We have made some suggested improvements, especially to our contact form.
Nice to have constructive feedback!

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved