Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RonG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Trying to figure out how to access and replace the light bulbs that light up the face of a 36B. I've replaced the upper bulbs with LED's, but the face bulbs are still incandescent that I also want to replace. I haven't found the way to access this part of the pump.

Note, I inherited this restored pump, but without any assembly or maintenance instructions.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The only way to access those light bulbs is to remove the front panels. You flip the latches up at the bottom of the panels and pull the front panel out at the bottom and it comes right off. Good luck and some patience will get them back on.....you'll see what I mean when you go back together, all the stars and moon must be perfectly aligned.
If you have any questions you can call me, I'll be glad to help.
Tom.

Last edited by tbuckles; Sat Mar 26 2016 06:01 PM.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
toms description is hilarious and oh so true...i'd even recommend putting some vasoline around the panel to help protect the paint, my panels fit really snug. scott

Last edited by hemistudegasser; Sat Mar 26 2016 06:57 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My face bulb has been burned out for over a year on my 36B because the doors are such a pain to get back on. Or maybe it's just laziness.

-Matt
R
RonG Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks (I think!) for the advice. Perhaps I'll wait until the bulbs actually burn out rather than being proactive on this one. I was hoping it would be as easy as it was on my Wayne 60..sigh.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't be scared because its a little difficult to get the panels back on. Its sure not impossible and how will you ever learn if you don't do it?
There are several clips along the edges of the front panel and they don't always want to cooperate and slip into place real easy. Sometimes you need to take a screwdriver and push the clip in a little while pushing in on the panel. If the clips refuse to cooperate, they can be bent out a tad to help with the alignment too.
Don't be afraid--go for it!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved