Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#642767 Tue Jan 05 2016 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Well that didn't take long.
Seems like just yesterday,every Tom,Dick & Harry was selling their house,flipping off their village officials and packing up the car for N.Dakota.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headl...-364071411.html

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
It's not completely over, it is just really slowed down here. There is still activity in the western part of the state. I live in Bismarck and you can tell that there is a difference in the traffic but you still see oilfield trucks around town.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO Just the oil industry settling down to a normal production for the barrel price as it has done before. Just new to N. Dakota

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
all caused by OPEC not reducing production in an attempt to keep oil price low enough, which in turn causes US fracking to be too costly and results in more need for OPEC. it's the shale revolution.

meanwhile, employers such as mine (CAT) feel the heartache of both worlds... a struggling global economy and a reduction in fracking rigs

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I think the EPA is trying to stop fracking because it can leak into aquifers. That might be true for the eastern part of the country but not in ND. We are drilling thousands of feet if not miles in certain areas to get to the oil in order to frac.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Easy fix to this problem, ban or tariff the imported oil so we use OURS, not theirs! I had one Canadian collector who was in the oil business tell me that the big American oil companies were joining OPEC in trying to squeeze out the little guys. He said big oil is also taking advantage of cheaper labor and drilling like crazy and capping the wells until oil goes back up....

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What people don't understand is that every boom has a bust, I don't care what business sector you have. The luxury of this last boom is that it lasted for over 10 years!! That's a long time in oil industry, and it would still be going if not for the low oil prices. I've been thru many busts in the oilfield of North Dakota. But I can guarantee it will be back!! Oil price and technology drive this industry.

There's very few oil companies that are drilling in ND that can afford to drill and not frac for very long, it's cheaper to drill here now but still 2-3 million per well.

According to most insiders within two years barring any major economic disturbance the price of oil will have rebounded. Also given all of the uncertainty in the Middle East all it will take is one crisis and you will be seeing oil sky rocket. The fact of the matter is until Detroit starts building a mass produced and affordable alternative oil will still be king.

Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
It continues,the Barrel fell to $30 today.
Prices not this low since 2003.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/investing/oil-prices-below-30/

Collecting Vintage Sunoco

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved