Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#639808 Mon Dec 07 2015 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning all! Having been blessed with exceptionally warm weather, the lake out back has frozen over and then thawed out again, and remains open yet today. It was 46 degrees here yesterday and we are loving it!
We normally see a few bald eagles this time of year, as we tend to be on a migration path for some of them. This year has been exceptional with the open water, as the eagles took a rest break here and have been enjoying the warm weather! They are constantly flying by the house, and sitting on chunks of floating ice in front of the house. I don’t know how many are in the area, but we have seen up to five at one time! Since we live on a hill, the photo ops are tremendous for anyone wanting to sit there and wait for the opportunity. I didn’t have any camera on saturday when one of them flew by at eye level and only about 20 feet off our back deck! It was the closest I have ever been to one of these majestic birds. It was simply amazing!
I have attached a few pictures that The Warden took on saturday and sunday. In the last 2 pictures, you can see that one of them has a fish in his talons and another is trying to steal it from him! This all happened just off our back deck!--------Enjoy the photos!--KEVIN

Eagle 3.jpg Eagle 2.jpg Eagles 5.jpg Eagles 4.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
great pictures Kevin.

a busy weekend for me, as we continue to hustle around the house to get outside things done before its too cold. supposed to be a nice week with each day reaching near 50. too bad I'll be stuck inside.

finally took down the scaffolding and called the ceiling complete for now. which means i finally got to unload my trailer from my trip to Georgia a couple months ago where my wife and I emptied out an old shack owned by a Pure Oil jobber. we spent all day just trying to clean the filth of some of the stuff.

one of the small modern pumps sure had a good pump plate on it! too bad the reverse side plate had already been removed. now I just cant decide whether to remove the decal or not... since I know under it is the minuteman logo. Decisions... right now I'm leaning towards removing it.

have a great week, and here's some pics...

GaragePure.jpg Colonial_PPP.jpg
Last edited by BryceG; Mon Dec 07 2015 09:58 AM.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Bryce...if you want to try and save the decal.. soak it with lighter fluid...it may come off.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good evening everyone. Had a good day for a Monday. I have been really buy with the last week of school this week. Enjoy the warm weather, I know we are!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good luck on your finals Braden!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank you Nicole! I need some luck lol.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pics Kevin. Byrce lookin great! Been on the road picking up some nice pieces. It's Miller time with Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have gas all the time
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Kevin, I do love watching birds of prey. Those Eagles are beautiful. What a great way to spend the day. If you ever get to Homer, Alaska, the Eagles are as plentiful as Black Birds. They sit on light poles, park benches and even the ground. Like the Old Cajun Chef, Justin Wilson, used to say.....so many Eagles that they had to sleep on the ground! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved