Next Thread
Print Thread
#57630 Sun Oct 05 2003 06:51 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I am looking for a Frontier sign or decal that is different than the globe that is repo'd. I have my Tokheim 36B painted red and cream and debating about which company to go with. Have thought about Gilmore, Imperial and Frontier, but thought the pump would look better if the globe didn't look exactly like the door. All the parts places just show the one design for Frontier. If others are available, I would appreciate knowing.
Thanks for your help,
Rod
in Nebraska

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#57631 Sun Oct 05 2003 08:21 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Its going to be much easier to use the existing frontier globe and find artwork to do a different decal if it is your goal to have them different. To my knowledge there is only one globe being reporduced. It is not a perfect representation of the original art or the larger signs that I have seen. Maps, matchbooks, ads, can all provide a alternative to do something other than the 12" circle decals.
Larry

larry ivy
#57632 Sun Oct 05 2003 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Rod:

Find some reference or create a sketch and take your doors to the local sign painter/pinstriper and have them paint whatever logo arrangement you desire.

I agree with you about not wanting the same decal on the doors as the art on the globe. A lot of reproduction companies seem to only want to pay for one piece of artwork and then use it for everything. If you collect a various company, you will notice that the art is consistent - but not exactly the same for all the different uses.

My latest project had the same problem - so I created new art for the pump door decals & for my oil lubester decal and pec-on, based on the art used for the globe. I think everyone will be suprised when I finally get them finished and posted.

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved