Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
This is a very sensitive issue! I started collecting about ten years ago. I have the greatest wife in the world. However, She just does not share my enthusiasm for collecting. She has come along "kicking and scratching" nearly the whole time. The signs I have acquired have appreciated in value but she just cannot catch the vision. Is my situation the "norm"?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
She loves them and she let's me keep them in the house! Jim

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Stephenwarren30
This is a very sensitive issue! I started collecting about ten years ago. I have the greatest wife in the world. However, She just does not share my enthusiasm for collecting. She has come along "kicking and scratching" nearly the whole time. The signs I have acquired have appreciated in value but she just cannot catch the vision. Is my situation the "norm"?

My wife tolerates the stuff I collect. I don't expect her to be enthusiastic about the stuff. She does enjoy the friendships we've made in the hobby.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The only time my Wife (EX) was enthusiastic about the items I collected. Was during our divorce proceedings. When She and her Attorney were trying to convince the Judge; that even the collectables that I owned long before meeting her. Should be made part of our Community Property..

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Wife is great, does not understand, thinks that gas guys are all odd, thought that is if we ever split I would take everything so she took pictures. Tolerates this at best, always wonders what the end game is on this, does not trust anyone with it if I die.

How much better can it get ??

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife likes my signs, globes and pumps ... I am very lucky smile

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Kept the Signs got rid of the wife......
Girlfriend loves them but for how long, who knows....

Last edited by Let er' Buck; Sat Nov 14 2015 05:56 PM.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I die, get your ***** to my house before sundown or you'll leave empty handed. Does that answer the question?

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
My Wife likes it all and we decorate the house. but when i die, funeral 10:00 am Auction 12:00 Noon and Party at 5:00. same day.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Tankar
My Wife likes it all and we decorate the house. but when i die, funeral 10:00 am Auction 12:00 Noon and Party at 5:00. same day.

I showed this topic to my wife. She liked Tankar's reply best. I think she has an auctioneer on speed dial.....but like I said before, she's good with my collecting.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
My wife bought my first gas pump, and found the next two. She also found a group of ten signs, which we bought from a farmer. We both like the hunt as much as the items. I look for her collectibles, just the same as mine.

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Aw, they don't call you honeybear for nothin'!

My husband doesn't understand why I'm on this list instead of some art list, but my petro collection is insignificant (tho slowly growing) and no cause to worry him. I do have an extensive collection of art books that he shares in so doesn't call them mine.

Down the road, I hope to get a gas pump for the living room... laugh

He however collects a lot-outdated articles, books and journals from horticulture to succulents to astronomy, and he took over my entomology and plant pathology journals, not to mention his collection of a few thousand plants, images of plants, transparency slides of plants.

The plants I would donate to a plant club to sell, as for the rest--I'll have a heck of a bonfire.

Originally Posted By Tankar

This is awesome!

My wife is Ok with everything. I have globes, pumps, signs, ect all over the place. She never complains.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love the answers. Great chuckles all around. My wife is of the tolerates it, barely, type. Especially since she has lost her parking spot in the garage BUT she does like the pump in the laundry room. And the animal globes are cute! She does the money paper work so I can't fool her with the costs.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, great responses! Sounds like my situation is common. Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved