Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A friend that sells in an antique mall advised me he had found a 30's roadmap for "Silver" Gas out of Great Falls Montana. He stated from his research it was previously Rainbow gas and subsequently Wasatch gas. He asked me what I thought he should price it at. I advised him I didn't know the company, but that it was probably fairly rare given the company appears just to have been Montana only?? I told him I would put the info out there to estimate what it was worth. I am not interested in it myself but thought the Montana collectors might like it.

silvergasmap _1_.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Don't know the value of the Silver map, but that's a generic map also used by H. Earl Clack.
When ebay first started out the Clack maps like this one were going for $100+, but the last few I have seen sell were under $30.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the info I will pass that along. Not being a road map collector I didn't realize that each company would buy their maps from somebody like Clack and then add their logo. It makes sense though.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

That is a Rand McNally generic cover & they used that cover for several oil companies. I have a Leonard & a Hughes Brothers.
I would think it has a higher value than $30.00.

Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not a highly sought-after collectible unless you collect Montana items. (Based on my experience) I would say in the $15-20 range. I sold a set of original ad glass for Silver gas here a while back and was not a high dollar item. I have not seen much in the way of signage, etc for Silver. Always nice to see MT items. Montana has a fairly broad range of regional gas and nice looking. Grizzly, Laurel Leaf, Arro, Clack, Litening...etc

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved