Oldgas.com Home
Hey guys. Just joined here after finding this site several times. I know there are always questions about repop stuff on ebay and the general consensus is that it is always fake. Early on in collecting i got burned on some rookie mistakes which i chalk up to ignorance lack of knowledge. I have acquired a few pieces that i am positice are the real deal because of either where/who i got it from, the condition (terrible condition on a magnolia sign), or the fact that i cannot find another like it anywhere. I am really just trying to develop an eye for what i'd be taking a risk on. This is a recent one that i was testing out. My gut tells me it is fake mainly because of the quantity of signs sold by the seller and the price it went for . . $190 ish. DO you all believe that is a general red flag. . . lots of signs sold, relatively low sales price based on some sells at auctions i found?

Also included pics of "Gay Oil Sign". Ive done some research on this sign and have found only 1 other example but in another color. . .same image though. Also found that this indeed was a service station company/oil co in Arkansas early 1900s. . . most information about the company comes by way of a gas station design contest for the gas station itself.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Attached picture Texaco Marine White 1.png
Attached picture Texaco Marine White 2.png
Attached picture Gay Oil Sign 1.JPG
Attached picture Gay oil Sign 2.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk