Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: GHH Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Fri Jan 06 2017 02:56 PM
This globe came with a Tokheim 300. It has a nice heavy glass body with brass hardware, and rubber grommets. Glass lenses also seem heavy compared to the repros I buy for restorations.
Measures: lenses are right at 14" and the entire globe is roughly 16"
Real or Fake?
Looking through other post and resources it seems real but I'd prefer some professional opinions.
Value ideas?
Thanks

Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Fri Jan 06 2017 05:20 PM
Looks real to me but I haven't seen that set of inserts on a Hull frame before. I have an earlier dark green HC on Hull. The Hull frame makes the globe worth a little more. There's some other Sinclair guys that can verify what I'm saying, I'm not the expert......GB
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Fri Jan 06 2017 07:50 PM
Capco lenses on a hull body. I can tell by the angle of the screws
Posted By: GHH Re: Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Fri Jan 06 2017 10:48 PM
Thanks. I thought the glass body was older then the lenses. Any value idea? I don't usually do pumps from the 50's or 60's and just wanted a ball park value since that will give me a direction towards displaying it.
Posted By: fatty Re: Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Sun Sep 17 2017 08:58 PM
I bought the exact same lenses on an original capco a few months ago for $400. ........I paid too much. They are 1957-59 ish and should be in a capco.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Real or Fake Sinclair H-C globe with glass body - Sun Sep 17 2017 10:10 PM
From globe CD.
Isnt this the globe on the left??
13.5" on glass body.

BTW, if your going to buy even ONE globe, buy the CD!! If nothing else it's a great research tool!!!!!

Attached picture Screen Shot 09-17-17 at 07.08 PM.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk