Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JimT Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jan 19 2016 01:56 AM
This guy needs to be stopped. Really sickening.. Carefully listed. never says they're old- but never says they are copies and fantasies either. http://www.ebay.com/csc/rustyrelicsart/m...p=13&_rdc=1
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jan 19 2016 02:03 AM
How do they get 100% positive feedback...???? Just pathetic.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jan 19 2016 02:32 AM
I just can't figure out the people buying these signs I guess, the quality is terrible on these....for instance, completed item number 301843214729. I wouldn't want that sloppy sign hanging on my wall even if I were into decorator pieces. I would have put $600 into something actually worth it if it were my money.....
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jan 19 2016 07:23 AM
Originally Posted By DWSheffer
the quality is terrible on these....for instance, completed item number 301843214729.

Wow, yah, look at the quality of the lettering on this. It's like they're not even trying!! Love Dino's red eye!!
And like you guys said, who in the world is buying this junk?

Attached picture hhghg.jpg
Posted By: JimT Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jan 19 2016 11:40 AM
81 bids -over a thousand dollars. I cant get the link to work but heres the auction number. 291655888203
Hey-This guys making money hand over fist.

People are getting sucked in,believing they are originals-what else could it be? Some of his signs are very deceiving and even though lots of us know about these, they are getting harder and harder to distinguish-especially for newer collectors.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Thu Jan 21 2016 12:31 PM
This guy is really bad period , one of the worst I have ever seen fro sneakily selling repros
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Thu Jan 21 2016 04:14 PM
He was recently booted from one of the picker groups on facebook. Someone posted that he had recently bought 700 signs (most likely from India).
Posted By: bigears Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Fri Jan 22 2016 08:21 AM
Biggest issue is the fact questions on eBay cannot be asked for all to see including the answers given that option is controlled by the seller.
eBay needs to lift there game and make questions and answers available for all to see If that was the case you would see a lot of the BS dissapear ................
Posted By: intagas Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Thu Jan 28 2016 01:05 PM
More power to him,sucker born every day,
Posted By: Huskerscott Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 02:02 PM
432 signs for sale now.
Posted By: Keystone Gas Man Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 02:58 PM
Beware !!! They are adding split back grommets to fake Texaco signs now.

Attached picture s-l1600.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By intagas

What the heck kind of attitude is that? It surely has NO PLACE in this hobby!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
Originally Posted By intagas

What the heck kind of attitude is that? It surely has NO PLACE in this hobby!

X2
Posted By: Rasorrat Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 06:14 PM
Just caught my wife Putting some of his items on our watch list. some body has to do something!!!he,s got to be stopped.All those signs look like the ***** from India!!!Some body Knows who this guy is. And again how does he have 100% feedback???????
Posted By: Done4 Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Tue Jul 26 2016 10:05 PM
Time to send Vito in
Posted By: intagas Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Fri Jul 29 2016 09:16 PM
C'mon Kevin and Mike grow up.Fakes are in every collectable.If you think you're gonna stop it you're dreaming.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Fri Jul 29 2016 09:47 PM
Stop him,no,but give others like me a heads up about this seller,yes.I never knew what he was up to until now,and thank JIM T for bringing this to my attention.

As well as showing us a side of you intagas..
Posted By: intagas Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Fri Jul 29 2016 10:16 PM
Agreed
Posted By: Hud Oil Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Fri Jul 29 2016 10:32 PM
this fellow name is Brad and lives in Janesville, use to own a store called Bargains and beyond, in Janesville, Wisconsin
Posted By: azjockey Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Sat Jul 30 2016 12:04 AM
A well know snake for quite a few years . Am I wrong or wasn't he a member at one time, I do know D. B really loved to run him down and tell him what he thought. That took a while.
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Sun Jul 31 2016 12:13 PM
He just keeps cranking out more signs , Very deceiving especially for someone just getting started in this hobby and forking out a lot of hard earned money . Probably drive down prices on the real stuff . He's even stated to mix in a few real signs with his other ***** !It's Just going to discourage new collectors from buying, once they find out they have been burned .

It takes all the mist-eke out of collecting porcelain signs . Nothing is sacred anymore .
Posted By: Jamie P Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Sun Jul 31 2016 02:08 PM
He is driving down prices because the rare signs seem to be watered down by all the fakes. Once was a hard sign to find, now you have several options multiple times a week to purchase one of his fake India pieces.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Sun Jul 31 2016 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By Jamie P
He is driving down prices because the rare signs seem to be watered down by all the fakes. Once was a hard sign to find, now you have several options multiple times a week to purchase one of his fake India pieces.

EXACTLY! The WOW factor is gone on the chance of seeing a rare sign once in a lifetime.
Posted By: intagas Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Mon Aug 01 2016 11:44 AM
Sorry to Kevin and Mike.Might have been a little to harsh.
Posted By: redmike Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Thu Jan 05 2017 05:27 PM
Just emailed this person asking for his address to try and go see his signs, and he came back with I don't have a store to show them. Always seems to say the right things so he can't be called on selling reproductions. All that can be done is pass the word!
Posted By: kybred76 Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Wed Sep 20 2017 10:06 AM

I bought something and got it only to realize is was a fantasy piece. I had my reservations but I took a shot knowing I would be protected by ebay. Once I received the item, I immediately knew it was bogus. I started the return process. He did refund my money right away worth no questions asked. I did leave negative feedback explaining it was a fantasy sign and was not as described, it stayed on his feedback for maybe 3 hours and ebay removed it. I called to complain and explained to them that he was selling fake stuff and extorting people. Their response was that the way he cleverly worded his listing, there was nothing they could do.
Posted By: RedHat Re: Rustyrelicsart- on Ebay - Wed Sep 20 2017 06:01 PM
If eBay is deleting deserved negative feedback on these scammers' seller pages..that's EXTREMELY messed up. Colluding with counterfeiters? I think eBay is at just as much fault as the seller. Lock em all up! Too bad we don't have any legal representatives around Oldgas....I'm sure a good lawyer or two could scare the living $#%@ out of a fair amount of these sellers with some basic paperwork and wordage. There's no doubt they are breaking the law.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk