Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasoildude Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 03:00 PM
Good morning there everyone. Got the clipper hitting us today. The temps have went down more since we got up. Going to get in the negative temps tonight. Going to spend the day with the family today & try too take it easy. HAGD smile
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 03:10 PM
Hi Brad and all.

Happy New Year to everybody. Don't get too crazy partying !

Attached picture 122213 014.jpg
Posted By: BryceG Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 03:16 PM
morning all... the wife got me a new smoker for my birthday, so last night I smoked 2 pheasants that I shot last year, came out pretty good after soaking in a brine for 24 hours.

now today I'm trying a 4lb beef brisket... just hoping it will be all ready to devour when the BEARS devour the Packers this afternoon!

have a good one.

(pheasants after smoking with apple wood)

Attached picture pheasants.jpg
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 03:28 PM
Bryce those look good & did you say brisket? I do know where you live LoL grin
Posted By: rbonitz Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 03:34 PM
Bryce - Nothing is better or easier to do than smoked Brisket. - I've been doing it for years - marinate overnight and 3 or 4 hours at 200 or so degrees and you are in for a treat

Looking forward to Eagles crushing the Cowboys tonight. - Hopefully they aren't still tired from destroying Bears last week.

Ray
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 04:32 PM
Good Morning Oldgasland!! Gonna kick back in the Garage this afternoon and watch some football. Bears/Packers game should be a good one!!!

Have a Great Day Oldgassers!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 04:44 PM
Morning all! Beautiful day here after yesterdays storm!
Very cold though, as its still 11 below and its almost noon!
I think its a good idea to take in some football today and enjoy life!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 05:00 PM
Hello All,
My last Christmas is today at Mom's later in the afternoon. My oldest brother is a lineman for Hillsdale's Board of Public Utilities and was sent north several days ago to help restore power in the Lansing, MI area. He's supposed to be home for our Christmas if all works out as it should. The ice last week really wreaked havoc just north of our county and several crews from our area are helping out.
Been listening to Marty Robbins "Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs" this morning....one of my favorite LP's I own. I bet I play it 2 or 3 times a week....good stuff!
Darin
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 07:54 PM

Nuff said!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 08:11 PM
Football on tap for me too. Last day of regular season for the St. Louis Rams. No playoffs for them, but I'm glad they are playing better. After a couple real nice days, temp going down to single digits tonight. Good day for inside stuff.

Have a great Sunday in Oldgasland!
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Sun Dec 29 2013 11:41 PM
looks like the packers had them some bear stew today!!!! what a game.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Mon Dec 30 2013 12:03 AM
Ouch!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Mon Dec 30 2013 12:09 AM
Mick,
How come only the Peppers remain in bowl? Not enough Beer?
Next time Dice Them up.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Mon Dec 30 2013 12:11 AM
AH Mick-- Sorry the Bears lost, but it was a great game! I thought they were the better team today, but Green Bay caught some lucky breaks and turned the tide!!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Last Sunday of 2013 - Mon Dec 30 2013 12:31 AM
Ah.. Well . Always next year! Dick,that's a pot,and t hers about two gallons of chili below those peppers.i leave em whole and if ya want it real hot just grab a pepper!if not,it's only a slight kick!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk