Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Tue Jun 25 2013 09:29 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/scores-chevys-hidden-50-years-finally-sale-160911547.html

I wonder how the VEGA's held up? Those things had rust on them on the showroom floors when new! LOL!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Tue Jun 25 2013 10:33 PM
Wow! That is too cool!
Posted By: Huskerscott Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Tue Jun 25 2013 10:46 PM
The auctioneer must be a friend of the family, he doesn't have too many auctions during the year.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 01:19 AM
The weird thing is that all those "new" cars will have to be restored due to just sitting up all those years. You would be surprised how bad they can get just sitting there. Dave
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 01:46 AM
Yea, but restorations will be an easy fix, no body work . Change out oils & filters and other fluids and seals and tires, and fuel pumps, wash & and wax. Looks like they would be a mechanics dream. Barn fresh finds, every collectors dream with low mileage.

Wonder if they had any Super Chevrolet signs put away or neon dealership or parts signs stashed. Like they said it was a time capsule.
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:08 AM
Wow!Amazing.
Posted By: coheley5 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:09 AM
That is a great story, most people can't hold out that long you know there had to be people asking about those cars over the years.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 06:18 AM
That's amazing, almost unbelievable.
Posted By: slyle133 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 11:29 AM
Thats a once in a lifetime type of find....now if only I could get the sound of that womens voice out of my head...
Posted By: Catauladave Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 11:47 AM
Down south they still rust from condensation and high humidity but being inside helps a lot.Those should for the most part be good, as you say, except for the seals, rubber, fluids, etc.Dave
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Jun 26 2013 01:03 PM
It always amazes me that there are still collections of this type still out there. With the social media and all of the TV hype the last few years you would think some of these collectors with deep pockets would have got wind of these and made offers to buy them that these folks couldn't refuse. But, they seem to surface once in a while which gives us all hope that we will stumble on to one some day. As for restoring those cars, the trend has really changed in the last few years and I would almost bet that the majority of those undriven cars will never be restored, just cleaned up and put in a collection......GB
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 02:45 AM
Any idea what they sold for? Very cool
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 03:12 AM
Funny to see this posting as I was just about to post it.
Here is a great video clip to enjoy and some background on the dealership..

youtube

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/the-story-behind-the-lambrecht-chevrolet-collection/
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 07:58 AM
Restore? Are you nuts!

A car with 1-10 miles on it would be bought by someone who wouldn't restore it, they would surface clean it and that's all. The car becomes a time capsule of originality as you can buy plenty of these cars redone/restored but to see one as it came from the dealer tells the real story of what you got back in the day. Panel fit, paint flaws, etc.

I knew a local fellow that bought new corvettes, carried them home on his flatbed and put them up for storage. Sadly he passed away at the age of 65 and wasn't able to build the garage complex he wanted to house them in.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 10:32 AM
I know a guy who will be a bidder on the 1 mile Cameo Pickup truck in Sept.
If he wins it,he plans on cleaning it and leaving it alone.Then taking it to shows to show others how they originally were built.
Posted By: rbonitz Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 10:53 AM
Yes - To restore these would be a travesty. There are thousands restored cars out there and very few survivors in original, decent condition.

I'd bid on the cameo as well just to preserve it - I could afford it - but I don't have time or inclination to show it. It would also be a shame to have it hidden in a private collection.

Cold Pizza - I hope your friend wins it.
Posted By: porcelain-neon Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 11:40 AM
Just for kicks- what do you guys think that cameo will sell for?
I put my guess at 90 grand.
Posted By: rbonitz Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 11:53 AM
My guess would be about the same (90K). It is so unique though, that it is hard to estimate. It belongs in a musueum in my opinion. Either restoring it or driving it would destroy what it is.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 12:39 PM
Totally agree...but I think the final amount bid may surprise many.It's a museum piece and needs to be shown/displayed as one.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 02:37 PM
I would venture to guess that several of those vehicles with single digit mileage will go for 6 digit prices....what a step back in time!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 04:06 PM
Do you reckon they know that the caps in the trunks complete the auto. Had them all throwed up on one hood in the video. And without a blanket under them. Don't know if this is a class act auction company,but regardless they have the duty. Hope it goes well.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 07:28 PM
The Cameo will need body work done to the roof line above the windshield. It is dented, must have happened while being transported by the car hauler.

You never know...but I think $90,000.00 is pretty strong money in this economy. Right now, you can buy a lot of "vehicle" for $100,000.00.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Jun 27 2013 10:27 PM
I will be very surprised if that truck sells for anything above $55,000
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Fri Jun 28 2013 12:36 AM
In an auction environment on one of a kind items there is really no way to predict the outcome.All it takes is two that have to own it.Two with deep pockets.LOL.(Remember the Barris Batmobile)Its an amazing group of vehicles.Really hard to believe they are still out there like that.It Will be very interesting to see what they bring.I love the story.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Fri Jun 28 2013 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: MARK SMITH
In an auction environment on one of a kind items there is really no way to predict the outcome.All it takes is two that have to own it.Two with deep pockets.LOL.(Remember the Barris Batmobile)Its an amazing group of vehicles.Really hard to believe they are still out there like that.It Will be very interesting to see what they bring.I love the story.

That Barris Batmobile sold for the exact amount I posted on the internet a week before the auction. I know what your saying as I attend auctions 2+ times a month. This past weekend a car I thought would fetch near $200,000 sold for $100,000
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Fri Jun 28 2013 01:25 AM
Likely the low mileage vehicles will run near or just above 6 digits. The anniversary Corvette will probably not run in that range as there are many low mileage ones around.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Fri Jun 28 2013 04:01 AM
Here is a link to what will be up for auction.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?detail=135
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Fri Jun 28 2013 11:12 AM
That mini-vette should bring decent money too.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Sep 25 2013 04:44 AM
The auction has opened online bidding already. Most of the cars I saw on there had bids in the $1,000 range. But then there's the really low mileage 58 Chevy truck with a bid of $41,000.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Auction....asp?ahid=1530
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Sep 26 2013 02:34 PM
Truck has a mile and a half on it. Roof damage was due to roof on building falling in during winter snow fall.

Think Bob Richards mentioned this in another thread. Sat night they are going to have TV show on the history channel called History Made Now: Wheels of fortune covering the auction. The recorder is set. Good luck to bidders.
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Sep 26 2013 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: rbonitz
Yes - To restore these would be a travesty. There are thousands restored cars out there and very few survivors in original, decent condition.

I fail to grasp the Big Wow to this. I don't believe many of these will clean up very well if at all. From what I see...a majority of the "New" cars have sat outside for decades....neglected. The inside ones obviously also had poor storage conditions. Must have been some kind of tax right off or similiar situation to promp someone to just let new cars rot.

If you display them as is....what do you do....buy those beat to death porcelain signs and rusty dented gas pumps from pickers-decorators to complete the display? Is that were we are headed?

A few close ups of the "New" "Survivors" below.

Reminds me of the "Time Capsule" Plymouth that was buried....the last I heard they were working on restoring what was left of that famous "Survivor"

Jim

Attached picture new_car1.jpg
Attached picture new_car3.jpg
Attached picture new_car6.jpg
Attached picture new_car5.jpg
Posted By: rbonitz Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Sep 26 2013 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Mr.Wadhams

I fail to grasp the Big Wow to this. Jim

...I'll agree that there is no big wow in a bunch of used cars sitting in a field for 40 years. I was referring to the new cars with single digit mileage sitting inside untouched....

Ray
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Sep 26 2013 04:43 PM
In response to Mr.Wadhams reply,I personally view these photos as a passage of time of what we used to all commonly see all across America,more then possibly fixing up each & everyone.
That's the Big Wow effect for me.
There used to be 7 auto wrecking yards within a 20 mile radius of me here.Today,not one of them is left standing.
All the yards here are gone as the price of scrap metal rose sharply within the last few years,or yard owners just died and their relatives sold off the land.and before all that happened,they were selectively getting ride of any older vehicles from 1985 on.
I actually miss seeing those hunks of older rusting metal in our long gone yards..
Thanks for the pictures. smile
Posted By: Terry Flannery Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Sep 26 2013 06:07 PM
I have to agree with Jim, just a Chevy bone yard and not a very pretty sight. I drove to Alaska and back 10 yrs ago and if you still have the urge to see junk hit the Canadian border and head up any road. The farther up you go the more junk you will see, yards and fields full. There is also no shortage of golden oldies in the western states. The fact that junk yards are gone to me ain't no big deal. I've been restoring cars/gas pumps/ trucks for years now and have no trouble finding parts. Matter of fact just sold a 41 IH,anyone want a 57 Ford F6 gas hauler for $1500, runs and titled?
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 04:00 PM
The 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup just sold for $140,000

I was way off thinking it would not fetch more then $55,000
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: carolinaskies
That mini-vette should bring decent money too.

It sure did. Just sold for $16,000
Posted By: bppierce Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 04:24 PM
Is there a web site for prices realized?
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 04:38 PM
Auction is still going on. I am watching live audio & video on the internet.

Following this link for prices etc.
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=68561&wo=1

Attached picture auction.JPG
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 04:59 PM
Those are insane prices, far exceeding their true value. Hype pays...
Posted By: bppierce Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 05:11 PM
There's going to be a lot of buyers remorse in the weeks to come.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 05:59 PM
There is one buyer who has bought about 75% of the cars offered so far. Deep deep pockets!!!
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 08:06 PM
I wonder if Jay Leno is buying anything from this auction. More then once he has said he is a member of the more money then brains club.
I do like seeing cars come back to life by those who can afford to do it.
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 09:51 PM
I got a kick out of the 4 rubber balls that went for $400.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sat Sep 28 2013 09:57 PM
Are they serving alcohol there?
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 12:55 AM
Very interesting, hopefully someone will get us some auction results .
Posted By: s932 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:07 AM
Travis go to proxibid and you can view them there
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:11 AM
I'm watching it on the history channel right now. Unbelieveable what some of those "terribly average" cars are bringing??
I bet there will be a little "buyers remorse" after this is all over.
Posted By: s932 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:12 AM
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=68561
Posted By: sanford Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:18 AM
People are sure paying a lot of money just to say they bought it at the Lambrecht Auction, because I sure don't see any other explanation for those prices
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 02:20 AM
Thanks Shawn I am going to ck that right now , just checked hist channel I must have missed it.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 03:27 AM
My jaw dropped when I seen the selling prices . The 60s chevy trucks really blew me away .I have this orange low mileage 65 still that I bought 3 yrs ago that was in a barn since 85 and is solid and straight , I only paid 500.00 for it ! someone send them my way! and we will split the profits lol! Crazy ,although I am glad to see them all being rescued ! And their are some great vehicles there.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: rvanpelt Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 11:34 AM
We were within 25 miles of auction yesterday visiting the grandkids. I thought about going but didn't. After watching some on proxy bid and the History Channel, it's just as well we didn't fight the crowd of thousands of spectators and buyers with deep pockets. Local rumor here is that Jay Leno asked a local motel if he could rent most of it, was denied, got ***** and went back home without staying for the auction. Had he been there, I think the History Channel would have had him on. Maybe it was true, don't know.
Rod
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 11:42 AM
Every hotel,motel and tee pee is spoken for within a 20 mile radius of there.My friend is there sleeping in his car.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:22 PM
Originally Posted By: rvanpelt
We were within 25 miles of auction yesterday visiting the grandkids. I thought about going but didn't. After watching some on proxy bid and the History Channel, it's just as well we didn't fight the crowd of thousands of spectators and buyers with deep pockets. Local rumor here is that Jay Leno asked a local motel if he could rent most of it, was denied, got ***** and went back home without staying for the auction. Had he been there, I think the History Channel would have had him on. Maybe it was true, don't know.
Rod

I am sure that was just a Rumor about Leno as I can not see why he would have any interest in these. If they were Bugattis, Duesenbergs or steam cars I would think the rumor might be believable.
Posted By: rvanpelt Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Esse's Garage
Originally Posted By: rvanpelt
Rod

I am sure that was just a Rumor about Leno as I can not see why he would have any interest in these. If they were Bugattis, Duesenbergs or steam cars I would think the rumor might be believable.

You're probably right!
Rod
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 02:51 PM
They somewhat explained low mileage never titled on the show last night. Most were left over as the new year came out. This explains the 4 door 57 pea green chevy and others.
Wonder what the final sell price would have been if they were the more sought after,like the two door super sports etc.
Thankfull these were sold as they didn't look like they had much more field storage left.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 03:02 PM
I am watching day 2 live on the internet right now.

Looks like Jay Leno might have had interest in the 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Indy pace car. Nice article about the auction here.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130928/CARNEWS01/130929816
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By: 47reotravis
Thanks Shawn I am going to ck that right now , just checked hist channel I must have missed it.

The History Channel blew it. The commentator knew nothing about these cars.
They should have hired commentator Steve Magnante from the Barrett-Jackson auctions.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 03:21 PM
Jay LENO has buying agents buying for him. He wouldn't be personally attending an event like that.
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 05:49 PM
Untitled nearly-zero mileage trumps body condition. Once a car gets more than low triple digits it is seen as a driver. And the story on the collection and owning a piece of the collection insures any of these vehicles will have immediate interest. Even though the majority of these were common models, they prove out an urban legend along with the barn find Duesenbergs and such.

Jay Leno isn't a car snob, he probably was even informed about this collection years ago, and who knows if he was a winning bidder, but he would be one to drive rather than let the car sit.

The main commentator was a bit of a flake when it came to cars, they should have just left it up to Rutledge to host. I found it interesting that Tanner Faust actually was out there though and in the field to boot!

I talked to one local collector who would have gone if it wasn't so far from SC. When you figure the hauling cost there was no doubt this wouldn't be an auction for the guys looking for bargains.

What shocked me most was the prices realized for several of the mid-sixties Impalas.... just wish one had been a '68.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 06:38 PM
Jay Leno is not a snob at all. I ran into him once at the Pamona swap meet, he was shaking hands and talking to people he knew who were selling auto parts.
He has sent people to auto auctions before to closely inspect cars prior to bidding.
So far nothing about the auction is on his twitter feed or facebook page. One person has asked on facebook if he attended. I am sure the answer will be know by mid week.
Posted By: powerlube Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 06:40 PM
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...let-C10-Pickup#

27k really? I don't care if it has 3 miles, it has no bed and all that rust.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 07:20 PM
Originally Posted By: powerlube
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...let-C10-Pickup#

27k really? I don't care if it has 3 miles, it has no bed and all that rust.

What a POS!!!!
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Sun Sep 29 2013 07:32 PM
This is by far the best article I have seen about the auction. 15,000 in attendance. 3000 bidders in person, another 3,300 on the internet. Yard sticks selling for $50. Indy Pace car selling for $80,000 in 55 seconds.
People buying back cars they traded in years earlier.

A great read!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130928/NEWS/130928682/1707
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Mon Sep 30 2013 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: hri_2008
This is by far the best article I have seen about the auction. 15,000 in attendance. 3000 bidders in person, another 3,300 on the internet. Yard sticks selling for $50. Indy Pace car selling for $80,000 in 55 seconds.
People buying back cars they traded in years earlier.

A great read!

I agree. This was a unique event and opportunity.

Kids today have a term "haters". Seems like there are some people who aren't able to see the unique opportunity this was for enthusiasts.

Sure you may find a 15,000 mile pickup with a bed, but the mythos isn't there of it sitting in a field with nearly 500 cars for all it's life. I suspect someone will write a book about this collection along with pictures and stories surrounding them.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Mon Sep 30 2013 03:19 AM
If the book is priced at $20 or less I would buy it.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Mon Sep 30 2013 04:57 AM
LOL
Posted By: Fasturn402 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Mon Sep 30 2013 01:25 PM
That auction was about 2 1/2 hours NW of where I live.
Thought about going, but instead flew out to California and bought my aunts 1968 C-10 short bed with PS, PB, and factory air.
She bought the truck new in 1967 and is the only vehicle she has owned since. She lives in the desert and truck has no rust. Drove it back here to Nebraska and it ran flawlessly all the way.
Gave her $4000.00 for it. Needless to say am I very happy I missed that auction. Got a much better deal.
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Mon Sep 30 2013 01:55 PM
Nice buy for that truck, and cool that you could keep it in the family.

If that auction had been anywhere in the Northeast, Southeast, Far west there would have been far more people than 15000 and some prices may have gone higher.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Oct 02 2013 08:31 PM
Oh no, it happened. Less then 72 hours after the auction ended and I received this in my email box today since I was a registered bidder.

Attached picture lambrecht.JPG
Posted By: Huskerscott Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Thu Oct 03 2013 12:36 PM
Proxibid reports sale total of 2.8million$$$
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Tue Nov 19 2013 09:57 PM
Looks they had some deadbeat bidders. Yesterday I received a email from VanDerBrink Auctions with a list of vehicles up for auction after a few online bidders did not pay.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Nov 20 2013 03:14 PM
http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=146&allimages=NO
Posted By: rbonitz Re: N.O.S. Chevys stored for decades FOR SALE! - Wed Nov 20 2013 03:26 PM
Kind of sad... Rust never sleeps.

...You are bidding on a 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible. 31867J280040. TITLE Sadly to say this car was driven out to the farm and set. The car is blue in color and the top is gone. The Top bows are there. The floor and trunk are gone- rusted through. It was or appears to have been a 4 speed car. There are bucket seats. Manual windows and locks. Am radio. The car has been moved and loaded on the car hauler. Looks better, but she's rough.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk