Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Maddog1337 B.L. Tobacco Authenticity - Sun Jul 03 2022 04:07 AM
Hello,

New user. I'm younger mainly collect license plates. My only other experience with porcelain advertising is Ande Rooney (I know I will not be popular for this take) which so far I have enjoyed in my garage. I purchased a B.L tobacco sign at a garage sale this weekend. I cannot find any information on the company or replications of the sign anywhere. I didn't pay much for the sign but I was willing to take a chance. I have attached front side and back side pictures. I have no interest in keeping an India fake or the likes - I was wondering if any of the experts here had any opinion if the sign I purchased has a prayer's shot of being authentic. From what I can tell, any sign mirroring mine began as a square with a red border. The seller mentioned he thought the sign I purchased might have been cut out, at least the top portion notched is evident of that occurring. Please go easy on me, from what I can tell fakes and Ande Rooney are both not well regarded here. Since I am local to Peotone I attended the 2022 advertising show for the first time and I was blown away at what people were charging for a sign the size of this B.L. tobacco I feel like it would be priced at $500+. I just want to know if I can display this with pride in my garage or if I should look to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

Attached picture PXL_20220703_034812347.jpg
Attached picture PXL_20220703_034759859.jpg
Posted By: Tankar Re: B.L. Tobacco Authenticity - Sun Jul 03 2022 09:05 PM
Welcome, it looks legit from here. Yes we hate fakes but I get that there's people out there that cant afford a 5000 sign. What's frustrating is how there not marked in any way and deliberately trying to fool and prey on the new guys getting into the hobby. That said I would have to see in person if it has been cut the edges if cut would show porcelain loss. Enjoy the hobby.
Posted By: hawkike Re: B.L. Tobacco Authenticity - Mon Jul 04 2022 09:49 PM
Does not matter what other people think,if you like it keep it and enjoy it.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk