Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Joey Coke Button just purchase - Sat May 18 2019 04:33 PM
Hey All, I just purchased this coke button.

I have wanted one like this for awhile. Heavy patina. I think it is about 22" 24".

Porcelain i believe from what I can tell.

This real correct? I am thinking it is 50's.

Let me know you thoughts got it for $185 on eBay. smile

I love how beat up it is!

Attached picture s-l1600-13.jpg
Attached picture s-l1600-14.jpg
Attached picture s-l1600-20.jpg
Attached picture s-l1600-16.jpg
Posted By: jecos Re: Coke Button just purchase - Sun May 19 2019 01:55 PM
Its original and porcelain. Made 1947-62 so yeah, basically a 50's sign.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Coke Button just purchase - Sun May 19 2019 01:55 PM
Why would you not have asked that question before you bought it ? If you like it who cares what someone else thinks. Know what you are buying before a purchase, it is your money that you worked hard to get. This will enable you to make better decisions in the future. Yes it is real, porcelain, and 50's. Enjoy it each time you look at it.
Posted By: Joey Re: Coke Button just purchase - Sun May 19 2019 03:28 PM
Hey Craig you are right.... I pretty much knew it was real from what it looked like..... it was getting ready to go off and had to jump on it. But really wanted an expert to look at it before I paid for it. Thank you for feedback and appreciate you confirming it was a real one. Thanks again!
Posted By: Joey Re: Coke Button just purchase - Sun May 19 2019 03:29 PM
Thanks for confirming it is real. Appreciate it!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Coke Button just purchase - Wed May 29 2019 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Joey
I pretty much knew it was real from what it looked like....

Hi Joey, I see you are new on here. If you are new to signs and your opinion is based on the wear and tear and patina on the sign... don't be fooled on future purchases. A lot of signs (if not most of them) on eBay with that same patina are FAKE FAKE FAKE. So just be careful in the future. There is a list of some of the fake sign sellers here on the site:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=664999#Post664999

Also, always look at the other items the person has for sale< or has sold in the past. If there are a bunch of fakes, I wouldn't buy from that person for two reasons; one you are probably buying a fake. and two, I would support the POS.

Just some friendly advice for future purchases smile

-Steve
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk