Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Saturday, Getting ready for the holiday - Sat Jun 30 2018 02:27 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Yeah, hot and humid on tap today like many of you. Out in the yard working before it gets too sticky.

Here's a female mallard standing on a rock just off our bank calling her mate loudly. He's coming quickly if he knows what's good for him. wink

Have a great day out there in Oldgasland

Attached picture IMG_20180630_083006.jpg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Saturday, Getting ready for the holiday - Sat Jun 30 2018 03:33 PM
Good morning everyone.

Cool pic Jim, probably the last time I'll use that word "cool" today. Yup, we're going to be one hot tamale today.

Got up early this morning and put the last coat on sealer on the main deck so at least that is done and tomorrow my plant buddies will be outside on the deck, whoopee!

Have a great day everyone, try to stay comfy and safe.

Attached picture IMG_1637.JPG
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Saturday, Getting ready for the holiday - Sat Jun 30 2018 08:17 PM
Hello All,
Well, the weather folks are finally right for once....it's HOT, just as forecast! I just can't imagine what it would be like on a day like this without an air conditioner, even if you only had a small unit to cool one room.It would be absolutely miserable I bet.
I just got home from my weekend job...it took less than 10 minutes for the temp to go from 75 degrees to 80 degrees when I turned up the a/c temp previous to leaving.
I'm watering a friend's flower garden while he's gone to Nashville for a few days so have been doing that when the sun goes down, but the mosquitoes are out in full force. Nasty little insects!
Have a good evening everyone,
Darin
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Saturday, Getting ready for the holiday - Sat Jun 30 2018 08:36 PM
Morning all, Got the place in the country mowed this morning and back to the air condition.
I need to unload and clean the mower as I cut it wet to avoid the heat think I get that about dark thirty.

Wondering how you working stiffs will get off being 4th falls midweek. Is this your big weekend or next.
Just after I retired they started closing plant for a week. So if they do their pattern as past shutdowns
it would run Wednesday to Wednesday giving you only one weekend and burning a week of vacation.

Have a Great Weekend All!
Posted By: Nicole Re: Saturday, Getting ready for the holiday - Sun Jul 01 2018 01:51 AM
So I know the heat sucks but at least we don't live in the town of Quriyat, in Oman. They had a record LOW temperature today (yesterday?) of 108.7, and the temperatures were above 107 for 51 hours. Though normal summer temps range from 86 to 104.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk