Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hillsideshortleg My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 01:52 AM
Selling air to bicycling people on the centennial trail going through Spokane has not gone too well. I decided since every one else was maken a fortune plowen snow during the winter that I would two. I picked up this little dandy at a car lot down on the highway. The chains came with it. I figured I would just try and concentrate on the Washington Idaho and Oregon states. After we grow I would like to maybe move into the Montana area two.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 08:24 AM

Attached picture i cant see shit.jpg
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 11:20 AM
Hey Rick whatever kind of plow you got, I hope you are plowing the Monida Pass today, cause I'm going thru there tomorrow. I am convinced Monida means "we don't plow" in Idahodian. So any service would be an improvement. But if you're using the vehicle we can't see above, well then, it will be the same as always. I'll wave to you as I drive by where ever it is your plowing. Good luck with the phantom plow.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 01:19 PM
What are you talking about farsidedshortleg?
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 02:30 PM
Don't know what happened. I pressed enter
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 02:41 PM
I can lend you mine if yers wont werk!
The Warden might get mad though, as its the only one I will use cause its so efficient!

Attached picture North Dakota Snowplow.jpg
Posted By: Oldgas Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 02:46 PM
Is this it?

Description: Beartooth Highway North Wyoming
Attached picture beartoothhiway-snowplow.jpg
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 04:23 PM
Well, kind of but but close. The thing that really sold me on her is those clear things you look through when your driving. Also this one has a horn as well as some other little goodies like lights. This will be a Christmas to remember. I am now complete.

Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 04:37 PM
Egor is pretty cool. I love the RH steer. I dont think I will be trading my plow in on an Egor anytime soon though.. LOL
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 07:19 PM
Rick, I think you got something here. All them rich folk that moved into your area will surely want you and Egor to help them get out so they can go to coffee each morning. Richard
Posted By: Stu K. Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
I can lend you mine if yers wont werk!
The Warden might get mad though, as its the only one I will use cause its so efficient!
That I could believe, Kevin, cause you make her mow the lawn with a push mower!
Posted By: Nicole Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Dec 18 2015 09:10 PM
That Egor is sumthin! Don't know what kinda thin, but it's sumthin!

I see the rope and all the gears in the front, was it used for logging at one time? Cool looking...
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sat Dec 19 2015 01:06 AM
That is cool
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sat Dec 19 2015 01:38 PM

Why plow the snow,when you skate right over it.

Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sun Dec 20 2015 07:51 PM
That's cool! Tell us more about it. When was it built? What does it use for power?

With the steering being on the rear axle I bet it can work in some tight spaces. Is that rear axle the front axle from a truck? The hood side looks like it came from a late 30's car or light truck.
Posted By: r49th Re: My new money maker snow plow - Mon Dec 21 2015 10:31 PM
Once you get up and running, you might invest in some doors.
Whose got all the snow, anyhow?
60-65 degrees predicted here for Wednesday.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: My new money maker snow plow - Tue Dec 22 2015 12:28 AM
We have got about a foot so far and more on the way overnight and on Wednesday!
Put that beast to work!!

Attached picture DSCF6388ar.jpg
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Tue Dec 22 2015 02:48 AM
I don't know a darnd thing about it. The used car lot said it was a 1983 but I found out that it probably isn't. I went to NAPA to buy some tune up stuff for a 83 Egor and they couldn't find it in their books.I would love to find out more about it and it would be real cool to find out why is wont start. The used car lot said it ran great but we had to shove it up un the trailer for me to get it to our headquarters. They didn't charge me for getten it up there so that was nice.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: My new money maker snow plow - Tue Dec 22 2015 01:32 PM
Post a picture of the engine, maybe somebody can identify it so you can get some tune up parts. I highly doubt that Egor manufactured the engine..
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: My new money maker snow plow - Wed Dec 23 2015 11:08 PM
Looks like a reverse mounted cab on a tractor from the 30s-40s??? Also looks like it uses a winch to raise and lower the blade??? Is it based on a Model T or A???
BTW... another 4 inches here today and looks like another 4 overnight!
Finally a good snow season around here! We have had 2 very dry snow seasons b4 this.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Jan 22 2016 02:42 PM
I found out a little more about Egor. It is actually a Egor Special. The odd thing is it seems to have a old floor vent from a house as a precision radiator air flow strainer. Does anyone recognize this hood? You cant see it through the quality paint but is says Special on the custom chrome trim. Ring a bell with any of you?
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5285/RwcdCk.jpg
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Jan 22 2016 03:28 PM
You need to put that baby on a trailer and head out east. Think of the old candy bars you could buy with all the $$ you made.
Posted By: Nicole Re: My new money maker snow plow - Fri Jan 22 2016 10:08 PM
We gotta an awful long drive way--so if you come, you can park that baby in the barn when your are not using it. Or send it by itself and I'll use it It's been a long time since I operated a real tractor...

Ok guys, what's the best way to ship a snow plow. How do you pack yours, and what's the cheapest carrier/freight company that won't toss it around nor ship it upside down! laugh
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sat Jan 23 2016 07:30 PM
It doesn't run YET! so we been pullen it with moms AMC Pacer. I got mother to driven Egor and mom a driven her Pacer. Boy you ought to see that pacer lean when moms in it. Iv been meanen to get a snap shot of that. Nicole Maybe the hole family can come over with Egor and stay for awhile.
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: My new money maker snow plow - Tue Jan 26 2016 04:08 AM
Like Ryan said post a picture of the engine so us motor heads can take a guess. Most specially built machinery in the 30s, 40s used someone else's engine like a Continental (engine)for example. Cool looking rig. Must have been a big winch to pull EGOR on a trailer. Would love to get that thing running myself!
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sat Jan 30 2016 06:14 PM
Nicole
Well we made it to Idaho but we ran into a problem when the front tire fell off mamas Pacer as we were coming down the pass. Luckly Egor was able to slam into mamas car instead of hitten the rocks. The hole familys really looken forward to settling down for a nice long visit. Especially the cids and all the little critters they decided to brang along. Mothers knitting you guys a nice table cloth for a house warming present for us.
Posted By: Nicole Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sat Jan 30 2016 09:23 PM
Ummm do you think the critter-er-kids won't mind sleeping in the barn? On account of Bob's being allergic to them...

You and Mama can have the guest room and I'm guessing we can bunk any extra relatives in the kitchen and living room. Hopefully they won't be too freaked out by any of the portraits on the walls. I am told the eyes on my paintings move.

I will, out of respect for the young un's, pack the nudes-er-figure paintings away. Bob always said my paintings of him should be private anyway.

I'm trying to gather up some crates and stuff for extra seating. See we both have small families who don't visit often, so we gotta improvise.

You might wanna stay put in Idaho until after Wednesday, as we are expecting tornados, and I seem to be a tornado/hurricane/typhoon magnet, to make sure we still have a place for you all to visit.

Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: My new money maker snow plow - Sun Jan 31 2016 08:03 AM
We ended up in Seltece Montana lock up. the Hiway patrol came by and saw pops taken a leak on Egor and started questioning him. I think there just going to let us go, they even gave us a gallon or to of gas to get us down the road. were on the way. Judies boyfriend was wondering if you got a swimen pool? Looken forward to settlen in
Hillside
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk