Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Donald D. Brock "This listing was ended by the seller" - Sun May 04 2014 09:32 PM
The guy that already sold a nice Wayne 60 showcase on eBay also had a good, narrow-body Wayne 60. Item # 291132439939.

As is common practice, I was waiting until near the end to place a bid.....but this time I got bit by waiting.

The original end time was approx. 17:15 but, looking now, I see the auction has been pulled. The last bid was placed at 15:10.

I know, it's the seller's item and he can do with it what he wants. I just didn't think you could end an auction as early as having only a couple hours yet to go....disappointing.

May have to re-think my bidding strategy.
Posted By: 66phillips Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Sun May 04 2014 09:50 PM
With the fees being 13%, Ebayers will often take a offer. I always wait until the end to bid. Lots of auctions, I'm watching, get ended. You can get your early bid in, and run it up, or gamble at the end. As bidders, we have no control over the auction.
Posted By: Donald D. Brock Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Sun May 04 2014 09:58 PM
I understand and agree with wanting to avoid the tremendous fee.

Perhaps there is no real "strategy" for bidding. Regardless of when I placed, the item could be pulled.

Did not realize an auction could be ended right up to the final hours though. I don't think you can retract a bid if there is less than 12 hours to go. Oh well, eBay and their rules.....can't please everyone.
Posted By: advertologist Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Sun May 04 2014 10:10 PM
also had this on my watch list.. cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291132439939
Posted By: BryceG Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Mon May 05 2014 02:03 AM
just remember guys... seller's only get to end 1 auction per year without penalty. after that, any standard auction that is ended early, the seller still has to pay final value fees on what the bid was at when it ended.

for a lot of these sellers, they dont realize it... but they will when they get their monthly invoice if it isnt the first time they have ended one early!
Posted By: huskybob Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Mon May 05 2014 04:09 AM
Looks like this one is going to Calgary........
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Mon May 05 2014 08:30 AM
There is a picture of that pump on Facebook. A person was showing off his new buys
Posted By: bppierce Re: "This listing was ended by the seller" - Mon May 05 2014 09:38 PM
If you're serious about an item that you feel may be pulled, it wouldn't hurt to e-mail the seller and tell him that you are interested and to give you a shot at topping an offer they are considering stopping the auction for.

They're stopping the auction early to get every penny, and this lets them know they're leaving some on the table, which they probably don't want to do.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk