Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: advertologist "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 10:36 PM
ebay # 181158241611
.. cool
Posted By: ddkinsey Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:15 PM
What a piece of **** the sign I mean. He's been laying low for a while. All private feedback as a seller. Lists one at a time to test the water. Probably thinks ebay won't have time to do anything like remove the listing. He has this one worded very carefully. I like to seeing there are no bids.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:22 PM
I feel like bidding $3,000, then leave Feedback that he is selling FAKE/FANTASY Signs.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:26 PM
ALL vendors/makers of Repop/Fantasy signs should get in on the profits & Raise their prices 300%!
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
I feel like bidding $3,000, then leave Feedback that he is selling FAKE/FANTASY Signs.

If you bid $3,000 I will bid over you. Only way to show the high bid since a no reserve auction. Then with 24 hrs. and 5 minutes left, bid retraction from both of us. The bid retraction has to take place before the auction is less then 24 hrs. from ending.

I'm in if you are?
Posted By: ddkinsey Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:40 PM
ALL vendors/makers of Repop/Fantasy signs should get in on the profits & Raise their prices 300%!

Ya Baby !! sounds like a brilliant idea to me.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Fri Jun 14 2013 11:47 PM
But I Can't leave Feedback if I retract. PP can't go after me cause I DON'T Have it. ebay can Ban me after too many Non Paying Bids, then I'll have to get a FREE Yahoo email account to re-signup!
Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 12:25 AM
But I Can't leave Feedback if I retract. PP can't go after me cause I DON'T Have it. ebay can Ban me after too many Non Paying Bids, then I'll have to get a FREE Yahoo email account to re-signup!

It was just a suggestion. Screw the feedback, I'd like to see the seller droll over $3,000 for the fake/repro/pile of s**t they are selling...then take it all away from them. One bid retraction isn't going to hurt your ebay standing, unless you do it all the time?? I don't know, just saying...

Anyone else interested?
Posted By: Jerry Westfield Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 12:33 AM

I hope none of the the people from eBay read our post like this as it will make them think we are no better than the people we are reporting. Let's clean up our act and stop all the unprofessional comments like this and put an end to all the request for gift payments via paypal. We can't win the war if we look like we are willing to do wrong to make our point.
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 06:31 AM
Jerry, I believe Oldgas already asks everyone not to request payment as a gift, believe I've see it written several places. As to what ebay thinks of "us" I for one could care less what ebay thinks of me. They get plenty of my money, been on since 98 with feedback well over 3000. All ebay cares about is profit, with all due respect why do you care what ebay thinks? Again speaking for myself I think our act doesn't need cleaning, it's showing results, that would be a good thing. As to the comments being unprofessional, well there aren't many professionals on here, most are hobbyists who have a very legitimate concern that the hobby is being adversely affected by the thieves. I don't share your view that the people on here helping expose the thieves are wrong at all.
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield

I hope none of the the people from eBay read our post like this as it will make them think we are no better than the people we are reporting. Let's clean up our act and stop all the unprofessional comments like this and put an end to all the request for gift payments via paypal. We can't win the war if we look like we are willing to do wrong to make our point.
Posted By: Maxgas Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 09:52 AM
SS is all fired up!! Go get um
Posted By: jbrooks Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 01:16 PM
just be careful guys. i would love to see you stick it to one of these thieves and i appreciate all of the people on here fighting the fight but i would hate to see you gamble with. $3000
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 02:15 PM
Playing w/ Fraudulent sellers is More fun than playing the Lottery, at least I have a CHANCE of WINNING!
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 05:18 PM
I think the seller of this item in question,either is a member,because look at the bottom on this auction####....
Posted By: roadrelics Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 05:42 PM
is this a bogus sign?? have not seen a back like this one with rolled edges......
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 06:48 PM
either that or one of our newer members alerted him
Originally Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1
I think the seller of this item in question,either is a member,because look at the bottom on this auction####....
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:19 PM
a look at his completed auctions tells all there needs to know about him, another scammer.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=181158241611&_ssn=engraved29&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
Posted By: ddkinsey Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
a look at his completed auctions tells all there needs to know about him, another scammer.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=181158241611&_ssn=engraved29&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Thanks for adding that link a couple of people have been questioning the die-cut standard. Old or New ?
Well you can see two he sold. One for over $400 pretty good profit on a $20 sign.
I don't know why ebay lets him keep listing. Yes the Hancock is phony. Everything he sells is phony.
The completed list is like a catalog for reproduction signs.
Do you have to be a member just to read posts? Can he come to the site and read the threads without posting or being a member?
Posted By: blacktee Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:30 PM

I'm assuming these are mostly fake. Makes a hell of a living ! Better than robbing a bank, you don't go to jail for this.

Doug
Posted By: blacktee Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: ddkinsey
Originally Posted By: KZ1000

Thanks for adding that link a couple of people have been questioning the die-cut standard. Old or New ?
Well you can see two he sold. One for over $400 pretty good profit on a $20 sign.
I don't know why ebay lets him keep listing. Yes the Hancock is phony. Everything he sells is phony.
The completed list is like a catalog for reproduction signs.
Do you have to be a member just to read posts? Can he come to the site and read the threads without posting or being a member?

Any body out there can read oldgas.com material. You have to be a member post. So we need to watch what were writing !!!
Posted By: eshaver Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:39 PM
Hey, I post what I know to be the truth. If a non member sees it and doesn't like it , oh well .............. ! Ed Shaver
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:40 PM
I agree here with Doug on this one. Everyone can see what is posted, so we need to watch putting details on what is wrong with the signs. I have seen a few that are scary lately. Someone is going to wind up with a real expensive repop soon i am afraid.

Google translator is good enough for the repoppers overseas to make out what we say on here. Also there is a ton of repops being made in the states!

Also Ed, I like that the truth is posted on here and this site is not here to work one over on somebody.

The truth is that repops are getting dangerous for collectors.

Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: "another fish-y story" - Sat Jun 15 2013 11:47 PM
Hahaha you got to love what the seller added to the posting:

"I have had a lot of interest in this sign. I will not end early or sell to an "oldgas" member for $3000. If you wish to place those bids and retract them, yes. ebay watches what everyone does. That website has gone way down hill with its shabby members. Thanks for the emails and good laughs. "
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:18 AM
ebay needs Buyers more than it needs Fraudulent shabby Sellers.
Originally Posted By: ebay seller
yes. eBay watches what everyone does

EVIDENTLY THEY HAVE NOT LOOKED AT YOUR LISTING/SELLING HISTORY!
Posted By: ddkinsey Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:26 AM
Originally Posted By: mcguffeyd1
Hahaha you got to love what the seller added to the posting:

"I have had a lot of interest in this sign. I will not end early or sell to an "oldgas" member for $3000. If you wish to place those bids and retract them, yes. ebay watches what everyone does. That website has gone way down hill with its shabby members. Thanks for the emails and good laughs. "

Apparently he removed that comment.

I asked about nonmembers reading the threads because I want to refer buyers with questions on repops to oldgas and I want to tell them they can read about signs without being members. I don't really care if they like the comments or not if the truth hurts so be it.
thanks
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:40 AM
OMG, he's not a Hopeless as the signs he sells! By Directing buyers to oldgas to read the threads of FRAUDULENT Signs, he ALMOST HUNG HIMSELF! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

The TRUTH has sent more Felons to Jail than Lies have kept them OUT.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:43 AM
APPARENTLY the auction was DELETED
Posted By: advertologist Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:44 AM
apparently he's pulled the item, can't find it under active or completed auctions?.. cool
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 02:52 AM
Last year I Called out an ebay seller [that happened to be a member], BUT he had moved [& didn't change location under user name], also changed his ebay seller ID. I had no idea [but didn't matter]. WELL he CRIED FOUL to Mods that I was picking on him, Again! My post was Removed [Oh Well].
The TRUTH DOES HURT [some].
Posted By: Texacopumpdog Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 11:17 AM
Did it get knocked off? Or did it sell .I can't find it.
Posted By: Texacopumpdog Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 11:26 AM
Wow!!!!!! this guy puts out some repops. He was laughing at us .I guess he could care less . He even took a stab at calling us "shabby" . He doe's throw in a few authentic signs once in a while .
Posted By: advertologist Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 03:36 PM
another listing for this POS on ebay, seller states only one on ebay- I count 4.. cool
ebay # 181159274125
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 03:41 PM
Dat's cause yus can count past 2, most seller can't get past 1.
New school rules, No One Left Behind [No Flunkies].
Posted By: eshaver Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 05:02 PM
Dick, you continue to make my day brighter with you're commentary ! One of these days , I swear I'll get back to California . When I do, I'm gonna buy ya a lunch, a decent one !

As to the latest sign, this guy has the audacity to call it a "RARE " sign too ! Hummmmm, I shouldda stayed in the Silk Screen business !

Ed Shaver
Posted By: ddkinsey Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: advertologist
another listing for this POS on ebay, seller states only one on ebay- I count 4.. cool
ebay # 181159274125

This is the one that was on from the beginning. I had the # written down and the original listing is gone, but he has relisted it with the # you have on this post Randy. Same sign different list # just gets fishier by the hour.
Posted By: FennecFox87 Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 05:12 PM
Relisted in different category and claims he doesn't know age. Oh well at least we slowed him down, and messed up his easy streak. Just hope the stupid buyers see past it, but they never do it seems. Fentonlover and others have signs listed in decorative collectibles now as well....yet another out for ebay sellers.
Posted By: advertologist Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 05:21 PM
seller seems to be concerned about the buyers identity-
private listing - bidders' identities protected,
what a great guy.. I see somebody has bid on the POS at
.01 - its not worth the postage- it looks like he is in
a rush to dump it with a 1 day auction- maybe he thinks
we won't notice.. cool
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 06:06 PM
Now seller is pretending to not know the difference between a painted tin sign and a porcelain sign. In his tiny underdeveloped mind; that is suppose to add credibility to his listing?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "another fish-y story" - Sun Jun 16 2013 06:24 PM
Seller ONLY accepts PayPal! frown frown frown
BUT PP will REFUND TOTAL w/ ALL POSTAGE IF buyer Files a claim of Fake/Fraudulent items.

How do we get the message out to ALL ebay Bidders?
Posted By: advertologist Re: "another fish-y story" - Mon Jun 17 2013 03:31 PM
he decided to have a fire sale, could you imagine buying an original for that?.. cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181159274125
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk