Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gulfteam Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 06:22 AM
Hello Pegasus experts.Can you tell me is this sign real or repro ?
item 3273209989 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3273209989&category=8863
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 11:26 AM
THERE IS NO MENTION OF SIZE (CM's) AND I CAN'T READ GERMAN OR DUTCH.
LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE THE REAL DEAL. GOOD LUCK!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE WEST
Posted By: scootdog Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 02:26 PM
I have an older repo sign that is just like that. I would pass... It is about 16 inches from hook to hoof.

Scott
Posted By: Curt Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 02:57 PM
I have seen these at swap meets, some fitted with neon. One vendor indicated that it is a 'fantisy piece'
Posted By: 41150 Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 04:11 PM
Looks repo but this German can't speak or read it either. Theodore
Posted By: dodogas Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 07:47 PM
Here is DAS Scoop!!

Descrip reads, Very Good Condition, Original, Very Scarce!

If you look at his other stuff;
Turschild = Door sign
Deinst =Service

That killer Valvoline is nice, I have one in way worse cond, got it sent from over there..sorta cool
Posted By: cush Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Tue Feb 10 2004 10:09 PM
Caution:Check his feedback.
Posted By: Gulfteam Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Wed Feb 11 2004 04:47 AM
Thank you gentlemen!

Seller did reply my question regarding items age and he told it was at least 15 years old... So its repro.
Btw hes negative feed back was from seller who didnt combine shipping cost for 4 different items from same seller.

Thank you!
Posted By: fast66 Re: Mobio oil Pegasus real or repro? - Wed Feb 11 2004 07:41 AM
The one one on eBay is easy to recognize as a repro. Have a look at the white line going almost horizontal on the rear leg - this line should follow the leg curve and go up and then turn left a little bit into the belly of the Pegasus.
Have a look at this one and you can see the difference. But beware, because they are also reproduced in the correct way.
rgds,
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 02-11-2004).]
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk