Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Seanw3490 Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 11:19 AM
I have been collecting some gas, oil, and automobile stuff for a short time, mostly smalls. I wanted to get a genuine original ford sign to go with my old model t tool kit and other items. There is one on eBay that I like and most everything looks legit to me except for the grommet location. It had the property of ford motor co on top and veribrite aigns Chicago on the bottom but I’ve been told that the original US ones should have the grommet holes over the G and the E and not in between the letters.

I would really appreciate if one of the experts here could give me their opinion.

Genuine Ford Parts Sign
Posted By: Jhaas63 Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 04:32 PM
Hey Sean, I would probably steer clear away from Ebay for a while. You could posted here in the wanted section or join some of the porcelain sign groups on Facebook. This way you can see mostly real signs and what they go for. Even on here...signs are debated as to their authenticity.

The fakes are getting better and better.

Also the link doesn’t work.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 06:39 PM
That one is no good Sean. If you want to PM me, I can tell you all the reasons why. We typically just don't like pointing out all the flaws in the fakes publicly. It makes it too easy for the fakers to improve their product. Here is a picture of the Real McCoy from my collection. Sorry, not for sale...

Attached picture IMG_7257.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7254.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7253.JPG
Posted By: Seanw3490 Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 09:42 PM
Thank you for letting me know. There is also a winged “original” on eBay with the A.D 110 in the corner that I like but even that one has some red flags for me when I compared it to a known example. Very nice sign btw.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 10:08 PM
Thanks Sean, glad to help.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sat Jan 02 2021 10:51 PM
The ford wing sign at 985.00 on ebay is a repro.....NOT original
Posted By: Seanw3490 Re: Genuine Ford Parts Veribrite sign question - Sun Jan 03 2021 02:18 AM
Yea I’m new to signs and I could tell that it wasn’t right. Thank you all very much for your help. I guess I’ll keep looking.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk