Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DWSheffer Beautiful Foreign Mobil Globe.... - Mon Apr 10 2017 12:27 PM
What a beautiful globe......this appears to be a version from India. As we always say.....wish it was closer, lol. I wouldn't ever be comfortable having a globe shipped the thousands of miles this one would have to endure, but boy is it a beauty. I must admit though one of the first things I noticed is that Pegasus is more "anatomically correct" than his American counterpart. Interesting addition....

The marking is interesting...."MADE IN U.S.A. DISC No. 2" is pretty unique, but obviously made here for the foreign market. It makes me wonder if that denotes they were sent in sets, or if it was to denote different lens designs possibly. You can also see where it may have had MOBILGAS painted on the lens face at one time, but it weathered off.
Darin

Attached picture Mobil Globe India (1).jpg
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Beautiful Foreign Mobil Globe.... - Mon Apr 10 2017 12:29 PM
Oh, forgot the Ebay item number, 182524388215
Posted By: BrianH Re: Beautiful Foreign Mobil Globe.... - Mon Apr 10 2017 05:17 PM
Well I guess that settles the age-old debate regarding Peggy's gender!

BrianH
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Beautiful Foreign Mobil Globe.... - Mon Apr 10 2017 05:19 PM
😅
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk