Oldgas.com Home
eBay item number:

I've listed this on Ebay a recent garage sale find. After reading a little on Old Gas, I take it to be an original...
One guy questioned my resource. Just making sure it is an original.
thanks, John Carlock...
texaco lubester sign of subject: ... cool

Attached picture texlubsn.JPG
I'd say you have a reproduction. My original has a much darker green, in the "T". The big E, O, and A is different. Mounting holes are to large and close to the bottom of the sign. I bought this one years ago, from a collector buddy that has passed. Most chipped up on I've owned.

Attached picture 5texaco1.JPG
Attached picture 5texaco2.jpg
Posted By: nochevys Re: Texaco Lubester Sign ...eBay item number: 1116674 - Thu May 14 2015 12:44 PM
The Texaco across the star looks angled upwards on the pictured sign...
also looks a bit crudely done to me.
Only thing I know is that the star is supposed to point to the 2 dots on each side, and extend down into the writing at the bottom, and yours does that. Have the hole at the bottom ever been drilled out? They are too large.
Here's the oldgas discussion the OP referenced in his listing....
http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161785
The holes appear to have been drilled. The remains of the sign holder was screwed to the bottom. I took it off to see if it was dated, and it fell apart.
eBay item number:

also on ebay ...
tex lube sign example above:

Attached picture texlubsn2.JPG
66phillips is it possibly a color variant? Some of the bigger lubester signs have light colored “T”’s.
eBay item number:

An old gas post from Jack Sim from 2000. :

There are no single codes for Texaco colors. When I first started restoring pump, I went to a DuPont paint store, it was in the early days of computers, they looked up color for me. I said no, I wanted to look at the catalogs of paint codes that they had down on the bottom of the counter. I started looking up Texaco colors. They had colors for east coast, west coast, inside the station, outside the station, etc. you wouldn't believe how many color codes they had.
this is no doubt a aftermarket sign: ... cool

Attached picture repotexsn.JPG
Randy sent you an email. Thanks for the help...
picture posted for John: ... cool

Attached picture IMG_1505[1].JPG
Just updating after selling the sign. I found out that this was an original. It originated from an oil warehouse that was located in Watseka, Illinois. There is another one but the owner is not willing to part with it at this time.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Texaco Lubester Sign ...eBay item number: 1116674 - Sat Jul 25 2015 01:16 PM

Everything sign posted is original except that 1933 POS.
results of above: ... cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-Antiq...R-/261883527056
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk