Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 57tbirdkid TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 01:42 AM

First off I would like to thank a John, who goes by fueluser on oldgas. As a local memeber, he is the person who sparked my interest in these very important/unique items in the gas and oil hobby. Schrader gauges are one of the more commmon items to find, but there are many variations(ones with garage names, auto makers, hardware stores ect). Schrader also made valve caps, inserts, tires gauges for repair shops and much more. A company out of Brooklyn NY. Here is a brief history found online:

August Schrader immigrated from Hanover, Germany, to New York in 1843. Within a few years he started a small company making brass fittings for the rubber industry, which had been started only a few years before.

In l890, pnuematic tires were in use on the bicycle racing circuit, and soon bikes with pnuematic tires began winning the races. A tire manufacturer asked Schrader to design a better air valve than the one they were using, and Schrader did so. Schrader and his son George applied for a patent on their design in 1893, and made many improvements over the years. Every car today uses Schrader valves to keep the air in the tire, whether tube or tubeless tires. Most bicycles today use Schrader valves, with certain tubes using an alternative valve, the Presta valve. The Schrader valves used today are very similar to the 1893 version.

Let's see some schrader items!!
Posted By: Fueluser Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:17 PM
Blotters:

Posted By: Fueluser Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:20 PM
Two page pamphlets (Insides):

Booklets (Covers):

Posted By: oilman514 Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 10:24 PM
I'll try to find them but i have several of their early tire gauges.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:24 PM

Posted By: oilman514 Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:36 PM
Heres some of my newer gauges.

Attached picture IMG_3827.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3830.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3832.jpg
I have a couple red displays packed away and this pretty nice green one, also one of my favorite easel backs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Fri Dec 07 2012 12:54 AM
That display is killer nice piece!!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Fri Dec 07 2012 01:18 AM
Heres a couple very nice examples of the old guages. These 2 even came with leather carrying cases!

Attached picture Schrader_tire_guages-resized.jpg
Attached picture Pic5 resized.jpg
Attached picture Pic6 resized.jpg
Posted By: Fueluser Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Fri Dec 07 2012 09:43 PM
Hope these came out ok.... another "pamphlet" Front and Back folds in half and goes over something.

Posted By: Fueluser Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Fri Dec 07 2012 09:46 PM
Tin:
Valve Cores:

Valve Insides:

Valve Caps:

Cardboard Air Checks box:

Posted By: Metro69 Re: TBA COMPANY OF THE MONTH "SCHRADER& SON"S INC" - Sat Dec 08 2012 02:48 AM
Tuck away hose reel

Attached picture photo (13).JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk