Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: coopwyo HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Fri Jun 29 2012 03:23 PM
I've never had the opportunity to post in the "Showcase and Stories" forum before, so I had to put this in!

I can't thank manothebus enough for selling this top to us!

It has been the hardest thing ever, but I've kept it a seceret and am planning on surprising everyone when we reveal the completed pump.

P.S. The chipped paint that you see on the metal top is hidden by the cast iron tabs it bolts to on the frame, so they don't show. I was freaked out at first, but the chips are hidden when assembled.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the search for this thing -- I didn't think one would ever become available.

Chris

Attached picture Glass Top 2.jpg
Now, that looks awesome!!! Glad, you found one.
Posted By: Alex Re: HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Fri Jun 29 2012 03:41 PM
Nice
So awesome! Cant wait to see the finished pump!
Posted By: HCman Re: HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Fri Jun 29 2012 04:54 PM
Congrats!! It nice when you have been searching for a rare piece and finally find it. Jeff
Posted By: LC 336 Re: HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Fri Jun 29 2012 05:40 PM
Excellent, I'm glade you found one.
Looking forword to the finished pump, it's going to look killer from the pix you have been posting.
Posted By: KS 82 GT Re: HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Fri Jun 29 2012 05:43 PM
I have no clue what that goes to, but just the top piece is an interesting piece of art by itself. Can't wait to see it on a completed pump. Nice hunting!
...I think with what you were offering, you were bound to scare one up sooner or later...congratulations...
Great and hands off to the unselfish one who sold this to you! Way to go manothebus! Now get that sucker insured and keep safe from harm! Congrats!
Posted By: bppierce Re: HOLY COW! After 4 years of looking - WE GOT IT!!! - Sat Jun 30 2012 01:22 AM

Your story, and even you are inspiring. I can't wait to see it.
I can't think of a more worthy group to land the trophy top for a project like yours! The education and work ethic that those kids have garnered from this project will have life long rewards for a lot of people down the road! Your perseverence paid off and I can't wait to see the finished product!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
http://www.wyomingtalesandtrails.com/lincburns.html
Congratulations Chris. To guys and gals out there this a link to the history of the town of Burns, WY. It is on the original transcontinental railroad and old highway 30. I hope I'm correct that Chris said the pump was going into the bank there on display. I'm guessing the Farmers State Bank which you will see a early picture of it in the link. Haven't been there in years but I'll bet the bank is a bit more modern now. Mitch
That's great! Can't wait to see the finished project.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk