Oldgas.com Home

THANKS!
Well Guess I'll open it up this week. My 1st OILZUM piece in the collection.

Attached picture oilzum2.jpg
Attached picture oilzum1.jpg
Lots of oil and gas advertising from an Ohio auction. I have a list what it sold for. If you want to know what something sold for, in the auction, pm me. I was going to post a list, but that would take some time. Oh the Pegasus horse went for 3k!! Texaco Marine Lube 1900, Ford Oval 625, Pennzoil brown 42 curb sign 3k. Here are the auction pics.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photop...=15829&kwd=

Heres some of the stuff I bought.

Attached picture DSC00099.JPG
Attached picture DSC00101.JPG
Attached picture DSC00102.JPG
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Sun Mar 18 2012 11:52 PM
My Botw:

NICE JACKALOPE KEITH! wink DOES IT FLY TOO?
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:00 AM
LOL
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:10 AM
Last week I was finally able to make a deal on a super straight Tokheim 36B, that I had been trying to buy for the last three years!
The story is that a fellow bought it at Iowa Gas, some 12 years ago and stashed it at his buddys so the wife wouldn't find out! LOL
Twelve years later, I was able to pry it away from him! Its one of the straightest and most rust free 36B's that I've ever had!
As long as I was there, I looked thru the other fellows stuff and bought these 2 really nice cast iron face plate assemblies that go to a Martin & Schwartz 60. They'll make really cool wall hangings!
On the way home, I stopped at another contacts house and was able to buy this really nice POLARINE Oil Can Rack! Made for a nice day with some quality buys!

Attached picture Tok 36B resized.jpg
Attached picture MS 60 Faces resized.jpg
Attached picture Polarine Rack resized.jpg
Attached picture Polarine resized.jpg
Posted By: danlap99 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:16 AM
My buys from last week

Description: diamond in the rough-- found in a old auto parts building-- Coca cola delivery truck sign
Attached picture IMG_0569.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0571.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0570.JPG
Posted By: danlap99 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:19 AM
a couple more

Attached picture IMG_0572.JPG

Description: Original 1950's Ford service shop coat, POOR condition but hard to find
Attached picture IMG_0573.JPG
Posted By: bwfergus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:21 AM
Awesome Coke Sign!
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:26 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:30 AM

Picked up these 2 west coast items from fellow oldgassers. Thanks Wendell and Scott.

Posted By: cormy Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:42 AM
Finally got one of these for my Gulf pump plate collection. Made a private deal with a seller on Ebay.

Only a few more to go !!

Attached picture structo 019 (Large).jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:56 AM
I am loving my new Seiberling signand NAPA display. The Pepsi thermometer is missing the tube, bummer

Attached picture Seiberling Sign.JPG
Attached picture NAPA Display.JPG
Attached picture Firestone Wide.JPG
Attached picture Pepsi Thermometer.JPG
Heres my trades of the week sold my gas pumps an got these on trade 2 huge porcelain signs double sided 6 foot phillips 66 is in great shape awesome sign spur is nice also with some minor touch up
Posted By: JimT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 02:57 AM

So far ,hes a pretty good pet. doesnt eat much and is house trained too!
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 08:41 AM
nice items everyone, I really like the coca cola truck sign, great

I bought some great cans yesterday and a pepsi cola thermometer ( some cans will be for sale soon )

JimT, I think I was the back bidder on both of those... wink
Not the greatest condition but had to have them anyway.

Attached picture cans3.jpg
Here was my favorite thing from the auction. Dated 1931 0n the inside, about 3 feet tall. I sold it before I left the auction.. frown

Attached picture IMG180.jpg
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 12:54 PM
Here is a lubester sign I bought last month but finally got pictures taken of it

Attached picture IMG_3164-s.jpg
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 19 2012 01:01 PM
NOS,it's a newer piece but i like it.

Attached picture TRICO 015.jpg
Attached picture TRICO 016.jpg
Posted By: hotcidr Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 12:33 AM
Just got this one today. Both sides are 9.9 condition dated 1953

Attached picture 001 (Copy).JPG
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 01:15 AM
Color me jealous Ray! Someday I'm gonna get me one, just have to be careful! That one is really nice!
Congratulations Ray- you got a beauty- I want one.. cool
I'm moving to Cali... NICE !
Picked up the Amoco and Champion cardboard counter displays this past week.

Storage yard ART
Posted By: JimT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 03:11 AM
You ran me up!!!!!!!
Originally Posted By: JimT
You ran me up!!!!!!!

Who did?
me ! Hey, all fun in auction land wink
Posted By: minuteman Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 11:57 AM
Did you just buy the one marine sign Ray. The guy had 2 or 3 of them did he not....mm
Posted By: eshaver Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 01:32 PM
Dick,I would say dem pumps seen betta daze !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver
Ed, Both sides of 1 pump. No rust outs. Someone shot at cyl. w/ shotgun!
Posted By: eshaver Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Tue Mar 20 2012 03:19 PM
Jee wa wa , I bet dat hurt ! Ed Shaver
Last Friday and Saturday I was selling at a local antique show here in town. Hardly anything to buy but I sure sold well. Anyway, on Sunday I ran into the dealer who was next to me at the show and he said he was going out on a call. He said there might be some signs, so I told him to let me know if there was anything I might be interested in. He did phone later and there went the profits from the show. In one hand and out the other. The AC cabinet is covered in a fair amount of paint splatters which I am slowly cleaning with a sharp razor blade. I have often wondered about the Prestone thermometers that go to minus 90F, if they were made for the Canadian market. With global warming I haven't seen that temperature in awhile, lol.

Attached picture og1a.jpg
Attached picture og2a.jpg
Attached picture og3a.jpg
Attached picture og4a.jpg
Attached picture og5a.jpg
Posted By: gasoildude Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Thu Mar 22 2012 02:15 PM
That Hercules sign is sweet. Good buys smile
Posted By: grabber Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Fri Mar 23 2012 12:21 AM
ditto! Hercules is killer - great find!
12". eBay purchase. It just showed up today. It has a few touch ups but I like it.

Scott, that's so cool....you should post it again next week! wink
Originally Posted By: Scott Baselt
12". eBay purchase. It just showed up today. It has a few touch ups but I like it.

and I know the guy you bought it from here in Louisiana.
Posted By: Old Racer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Sun Mar 25 2012 12:13 PM
I know these are not as nice as the one Joe Yocom has for sale. But it shows how they have great potential. grin
Found in an old junk yard.
They need some work, but everything is there. Water, air and light poles.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Sun Mar 25 2012 02:52 PM
Nice find old racer!
Originally Posted By: Old Racer
I know these are not as nice as the one Joe Yocom has for sale. But it shows how they have great potential. grin
Found in an old junk yard.
They need some work, but everything is there. Water, air and light poles.

Nice find John...I see they are missing the covers...I have made a few of those (covers)..99% of them are missing...maybe I need to start making them...hummmm?
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12th - 18th. - Mon Mar 26 2012 10:06 AM
IF YOU WIND UP MAKING SOME LET ME KNOW , I NEED ONE ALSO.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk