Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 01:37 AM
This is the G&B 80 I picked up last Saturday. I cleaned it up inside and out. Some of it was taken apart to get a good cleaning. It still has the guts, so I sprayed some lube into the pump and it still runs. The computer spins free with the reset and from the variator. This will be my only pump with the guts staying in. They are small so it is not as heavy as other pumps with guts.

Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 01:51 AM
Matt,Looks great.Like the original old look!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 01:55 AM
Matt......... it's perfect , just like she sit's! That was a killer deal all the way around! lol........talk about the right place at the right time!....lol...job well done !
Posted By: dundign Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 01:59 AM
Another one for the LEFT COAST...Way to go Matt.....
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 02:37 AM
Great pump model and condition. I always love that original survivor look.
Posted By: cggas Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 07:01 AM
mat, can you put addglass in the top of this pump? chris
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Cleaned it up. - Sun Jul 17 2011 04:11 PM
Chris, yes ad glass can go in place of the metal fillers. This one had the metal fillers in it when I bought it. I do not like the brite yellow so it will get redone later (I bought it already painted).

Posted By: coopersplace Re: Cleaned it up. - Tue Jul 19 2011 01:44 PM
I was surprised that the G & B 80 is lightweight. My G & B 70 was the heaviest electric that I have ever moved. Interesting to see the filter modification. Love that original weathered look, a true survivor.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Cleaned it up. - Tue Jul 19 2011 11:18 PM
Here is the pump and motor. It is smaller than all the others I have owned. It is still heavy to move around, but not as bad as others.

Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Cleaned it up. - Wed Jul 20 2011 05:31 AM
Nice find Matt!
I picked up one near Salinas right off the 101 years ago. Also in nice shape with that same top dome covering the globe holder. I stopped because I saw a tok 39 tall outside the barn from the freeway. When her son opened the barn door I saw the 80 with another pump sitting there waiting for me. Bought all three pumps for $100.00 each. Still have all three .
Rob
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk