Oldgas.com Home

HOPING Y'ALL HAD A GREAT PETRO BUYING WEEK! wink

THANKS! smile
OOPS...FORGOT TO MENTION THIS IS THE 7TH ANNIVERSARY FOR THE "BUYS OF THE WEEK" THREAD WHICH STARTED IN 2004! 364 "BOTW" THREADS!
Posted By: Blackout Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Sun Jul 10 2011 11:16 PM
this erie followed me home will stay as is.
Posted By: Jamie Crosson Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Sun Jul 10 2011 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: hotroddeuce
this erie followed me home will stay as is.

All it needs is a globe.
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 01:31 AM
Bought these Eco Islanders model 242 with Keithia. I can't believe how heavy they are. I was also suprised to see the rollers around the hoses are wood and not rubber. The bad thing is we only got 1 light that goes on these.

Attached picture IMG_3052-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3054-s.jpg
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 02:43 AM
Hey Doc, that's awesome, 7 years!! Well done. I know this site would not be the same w/o you.
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 02:53 AM
Went to a country auction yesterday. I should have spent alot more than I did, but.....I did get this stuff. There was some nice stuff there.

And I bought this box of old plates, I knew they were good, but had no idea how good until I looked through them. Complete run of NY plates Pre 1910 all the way to 1922, All pairs with exception of 1914. Some multiple pairs. I cleaned up the 1910's and 1911's and they are not that bad.

Also got a HUGE HEAVY Champion Spark Plug sign, but I'll have to post that later. Still in the van!!!
Not a buy, but a "gift of the week". I opened this box to find all of the items shown. A gift from Rick Brinneman "Houston Gasoline" The man is all class !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: DCpate Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 01:47 PM
Original double sided neon...two embossed porcelain signs are fitted back to back for the can.

Anyone have onother...or seen one?

Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 03:49 PM
Here are my Buys from about the Last 3 Months...

Some Cans..

Couple Signs with Patina. The Ford has alot of Patina but the price was right and it looks great with the Brick Paneling in the Garage behind it.

Picked Up this Lens from The "Famous" Texapelican!!

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 08:24 PM
More stuff for the collection;
Couple more cans;

A NOS in the box oil dispaly sign;

A thin plastic 3D oil can display. Had sticky tape on it to put up on a window or something, pretty fragil, never saw another one before. Going to make a frame with a low wattage light bulb in it and light it up

A glass insert for an oil cabinet, want to light this up too

And one more can!

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Mon Jul 11 2011 11:58 PM
Picked up this Kendall Thermo:

Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Tue Jul 12 2011 09:24 PM

A COUPLE AUTOMOTIVE DISPLAY CABINETS AND AN EARLY SIGN
GREAT STUFF GUYS....KEEP 'EM COMING! smile laugh wink
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Wed Jul 13 2011 04:28 AM
3 36B PUMPS WITH MINT TOPS AND ENCO SIGN ALMOST MINT ONE REAL SMALL CHIP AND ORIGANAL BAND.

Attached picture 36b pumps.jpg
Attached picture enco sign.jpg
WOW THAT ENCO SIGN IS SWEET (SIGN GUY HERE wink )

AND WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN "3" 36B'S WITH THEIR MINT TOPS! WOOT! DOUBLE WOOT! NICE HAUL! wink laugh
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Thu Jul 14 2011 05:39 PM
I picked this up last week… Sure wish I knew someone with the last name Carr that was looking for one of these? Wink, Wink…. (It's here waiting for you Mike!)

Attached picture carr1.jpg
Posted By: TILLER Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Thu Jul 14 2011 06:46 PM
Its crazy how this stuff moves around the country. Me T-bird and a couple others are within an hr of Troy.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Thu Jul 14 2011 10:47 PM
It is crazy how the stuff moves- but people use to pick these areas not to long ago..they must have missed some spots because I find my hard to find items locally!
Posted By: mdmike Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 4th - 10th. - Fri Jul 15 2011 09:43 AM
Keith, Your'e a Good Man! I don't know how you do it, but thanks. This makes up for the auction at Columbus. I truly owe you one.

This is what this site should be about. As Paddy asked, "Where has all the fun gone?", this puts the fun in collecting and sharing.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk