Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Sun May 08 2011 11:19 PM

I got some boring matchbooks yesterday....not worth a shot to post. LOL! I spent a whole $1 on petro (but sold $900)! laugh

Show us all what you bought this past Week!

Thanks!
Posted By: always lookin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Sun May 08 2011 11:42 PM
Mobil gas station, lawn mower dealer that closed in 1980.
I like the 3 NOS sign holders, the little happy Bear, exide carrier,Mobil lube charts and cool old nos signs.Dayton belt racksssssss.

Attached picture DSC03206.JPG
Attached picture DSC03207.JPG
Attached picture DSC03208.JPG
Attached picture DSC03209.JPG
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Sun May 08 2011 11:58 PM
Picked up this NOS Firestone Display:

Two tags from my tag finder Jamie:

Posted By: nochevys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 12:00 AM
Here's what I picked up this week:

Attached picture botw 5-8-11 011.JPG
Attached picture botw 5-8-11 012.JPG
Attached picture botw 5-8-11 009.JPG
Posted By: bustermonty Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 12:01 AM
My one buy from the Ohio gas show in Dayton. 30" dbl sided (other side painted over) Painted metal sign dated 1928. Has 2 small flanges on either side. Can anyone tell me or show a picture of how this was used? Thank You, Greg
Posted By: jeff anderson Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 12:28 AM
Picked up a lot of stuff, here are some pics-more to follow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A nice Wolfs head neon clock

A Fry 71

A Erie

A Bunch Of Ice Cream Signs

A Hipless 60

A Tall 39 Clockface

Another Tall 39 Clockface, More pumps to follow!
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 01:47 AM
Got this one today. As you might can tell from the second picture, it's a slight upgrade. I can't wait to see what a cleaning and a Mr. Bennett treatment will do for it (the new one smile.

Attached picture Billups3.jpg
Attached picture billups2.jpg
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 02:14 AM
M-S 80 PUMP SLOW WEEK FOR FINDING STUFF RAINING A LOT

Description: pic
Attached picture M-S80 PUMP1.jpg
Attached picture M-S80 pump2.jpg
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 05:35 AM
Originally Posted By: bustermonty
My one buy from the Ohio gas show in Dayton. 30" dbl sided (other side painted over) Painted metal sign dated 1928. Has 2 small flanges on either side. Can anyone tell me or show a picture of how this was used? Thank You, Greg

Curb sign. It probably went in a U shapped bracket.
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 07:36 AM
wow the richfield sign is splendid

I buy this week two cans (really cheap, 5 € each)and a microphone and a hood ornament

Posted By: lordparaffin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Mon May 09 2011 07:10 PM
My one and only recent buy but one sweet can and a big thanks to "Canasaurus" Dave for working with me on this one.

Posted By: good gulf guy Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 11:38 AM
that bennett next to your clockface pump has a connection next to the globe mount what is it for. thanks wayne
Posted By: T-way Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 01:39 PM
It's for a rod that would have a Pricer Box mounted to it - or another form of 'Point of Sale' advertizing.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Richey
Got this one today. As you might can tell from the second picture, it's a slight upgrade. I can't wait to see what a cleaning and a Mr. Bennett treatment will do for it (the new one smile.

...aren't those cans different designs?
Posted By: good gulf guy Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 03:40 PM
Cool thanks for the info mine has the same thing. thanks wayne
Posted By: JunkGas Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 05:00 PM
Nice Richfield sign!
Posted By: Huskerscott Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Tue May 10 2011 08:20 PM
Just got the license plate topper at a local auction. Was this a drivers award??? Everyone has a decelerometer dont they???

Attached picture dcp_1664.jpg
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 12:02 AM
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
Originally Posted By: Dave Richey

...aren't those cans different designs?

Yes, they are. The heck of it is I found it under my mother's house, so I'm probably the fool who smashed it. Still an upgrade, though.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 12:33 AM
Dave, Cool quart!! Looks like your stock pilling bulb tins in the background! Great collection!!!!!
Posted By: lordparaffin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 01:22 AM
Thanks Keith. There's 60 of 'em in that display!
Posted By: avio Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 02:09 AM
Couple of Chevrolet items I pulled out of an old dealership in Montana, the porcelain Neon is 8 foot and in real nice condition. The brown spots are dirt, very few chips haven't had time to clean it up yet but great gloss! Have to go back for another load this week-end, if it ever quits raining in this country!!

Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 02:18 AM
WOW! Nice find!!
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 02:24 AM
Not gas related but they used gas.
Posted By: barn_raider Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 04:53 AM

Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 05:22 PM
wow the chevrolet sign great

I took a road trip today of 3 hours to pick up a sign in an old barn in the dutch part of belgium, I bought the sign for 70 $

Posted By: BIGTOM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Wed May 11 2011 08:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Nucky
wow the chevrolet sign great

I took a road trip today of 3 hours to pick up a sign in an old barn in the dutch part of belgium, I bought the sign for 70 $

$70??? WOW, that's a great deal!!!

I love the chevy stuff - the sign is FANTASTIC!!!
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Thu May 12 2011 02:30 AM
Very cool stuff.
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 2nd -8th. - Sat May 14 2011 03:35 AM
Testing out my photography skills on a couple of my buys:

Front:

Back:

Front:

Back:

Mike, might I suggest a gray (medium) background for items having alot of white in them? wink
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk