Oldgas.com Home

Rescued from the Recycle center....

Older plates. Sets, frames & an old Local therm from tag sales....

Hope the rest of you did better than me! wink

THANKS!
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Sun May 01 2011 11:41 PM
Picked up this nice Autolite battery rack that I committed to buy back in January. He arrived back from Florida recently and I went and picked it up. While I was there I saw this neat Rochester Carbureter sign as well.

Attended an auction and picked up this other cool Fre-Flo Rubberset sign. Barn_Raider you need this in your General store!

Attached picture DSC_0167.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0151.jpg
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Sun May 01 2011 11:46 PM
I picked up the the last two tags that I needed (the "D" and "G") this week.

Jamie

Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Sun May 01 2011 11:48 PM
I picked up a ton of smalls, and other non-petro items over the weekend.

Attached picture 006.JPG
Attached picture 007.JPG
Attached picture 012.JPG
Attached picture 020.JPG
Posted By: bustermonty Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Sun May 01 2011 11:49 PM
Took a chance on ebay. Seller with zero feedback in PA. Only one picture of the front with a buy it now. Shipped out of Anaheim CA. I guess grandpa had it in the garage for decades. Was covered in grime that cleaned off well.

Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Sun May 01 2011 11:51 PM
More Pics

Attached picture 013.JPG
Attached picture 003.JPG
Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 12:01 AM
Picked up these two cans:

And these Wash and Lube Signs:

I've had a pretty good couple of weeks, I picked up a couple of Veedol posters from the 50's;

Also a NOS Tidewater Flying A radiator hose box and a Flying A fan belt and box;

Was lucky enough to stumble upon a Jenny gas stick;

And lastly, a couple of Veedol outboard cans;

Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 12:12 AM
Picked up this Glasscock Coke cooler and three more RARE glass negatives of the 1915 Kentucky Derby Winner- Regret! The first filly to win the Run for the Roses and only the third ever! Finish line photos and two in the winners circle. May turn out to be the best non-petro find ever!

Attached picture coke cooler.jpg
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 12:15 AM
I have been looking for this particular pump for 5 plus years as I had pictures given to me of it. Finally got it last week. Nothing special just took a long time to find it.

Attached picture IMG_6607.JPG
Picked this up a while ago but just recently got it linen mounted, it was very thin, can't imagine many survived. I was told it was found behind a wall of a house in Spokane last year. it's about 6' by 4'.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Neil I don't think that sign should have left Washington state, so you can ship it to me. Nice find. Richard
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 12:51 AM
That's a KILLER POSTER What A Find!
Originally Posted By: gatorgaspumps
Neil I don't think that sign should have left Washington state, so you can ship it to me. Nice find. Richard

I'll happily trade it for a Portland one! Forgot to mention that it's a thin cloth banner.
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 01:05 AM
WOW!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT POSTER,,MAN THAT IS A RARE FIND,,SOOPER BUY FOR YA NEIL!! TXS ALAN
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 01:20 AM
NOS Bowes sign/rack and an Snap on sign.

Posted By: chipp4242 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 01:24 AM
Picked up this:

Attached picture paragon motor oil.jpg
Posted By: oilman514 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 01:27 AM
man that paragon sign is awesome
That banner is awesome...
Gilmore sign was a nice pickup...& so close
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 08:28 AM
Bought this G&B 86, American visible and Shell sign for an old collector. He also has a Monarch wood burning stove I am trying to buy.

Description: pics
Attached picture IMG_3040-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3045-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3041-s.jpg
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 01:31 PM
SUPER FINDS, Bob the pin-up era veedol is all right. Big fan of this type of signage.
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 02:16 PM
My humble little haul, i do love the Whiz crate though

Attached picture BOTW 2.JPG
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 02:25 PM
Here are a few of my dad's buys last week at Carlisle.

Attached picture botw1.jpg
Attached picture botw2.jpg
Posted By: nochevys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 10:09 PM
I have not posted my buys in quite awhile. Here are my buys from the past few weeks.

All cans are new & the bullseye lens is from a fellow old gasser.

Power X is a single lens from another oldgasser.

I think these cans got more expensive when the dealer at the flea market set them on his table & I about knocked over a roseville vase trying to grab them I was so excited to see two very early vaccuum oil quarts.
Originally Posted By: racecop
Bought this G&B 86, American visible and Shell sign for an old collector. He also has a Monarch wood burning stove I am trying to buy.

Hey racecop:
I'm an "old collector". Am I the old collector you bought the G&B 86, American visible and Shell sign for? If so, I'll take them.... Good score...Dale
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Mon May 02 2011 11:55 PM
Some of the stuff i got this week.dont no what the black light was for?

Attached picture clock face pump2.jpg
Attached picture clock face pump3.jpg
Attached picture light red.jpg
Attached picture light black.jpg
Quote:
dont no what the black light was for?

For holding a light bulb & illuminating something[sign, walkway, steps, parking lot, etc]! LOL
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 01:03 AM
DO YOU NOW WHAT SIZE LIGHT BULB LOL I MENT I HAVE NOT SEE A BLCK ONE BEFORE AND WHAT IT WAS USED FOR.
Posted By: oilman514 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 01:54 AM
some oil cans i got this week

Attached picture oil cans for BOTW.jpg
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 02:35 AM
I still can't get over that American clock face pump. The trim is still there too.
I've been looking for one of these for 10 years as I used to live in Ingram, WI. Came from eBay.

Posted By: BIGTOM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Quote:
dont no what the black light was for?

For holding a light bulb & illuminating something[sign, walkway, steps, parking lot, etc]! LOL

SPECTACTULAR!!! ROFL
Posted By: canosaurus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 09:48 PM
A little catching up. These are my buys from Charlotte car show, Dixie Gas show and Pate car show.

Posted By: canosaurus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 09:51 PM

Posted By: canosaurus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 09:54 PM

URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/i/og18.jpg/][/URL]
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Tue May 03 2011 10:04 PM
THAT IS SOME COOL STUFF. THANKS FOR SHARING.
DAVE, Maybe we should call you "Buyosaurus!" Man, That's some great stuff.....me jealous. LOL!
Posted By: canosaurus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 12:05 AM
Correction Doc....that would be brokeosaurus. Haha.
Great to see you branching out. Like the vertical signs and Love the Crown lubricant can!
Posted By: STAYGOLD Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 12:31 AM
My buys this week include a couple of signs as well as a neat Franklin Oil Co. Oil Change indicator.

Attached picture IMG_2154.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2156.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2155.jpg
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 01:02 AM
Dave,Great vertical signs.Here are a few of my Pate buys.

Attached picture DSC00022.JPG
Attached picture DSC00023.JPG
Attached picture DSC00025.JPG
Attached picture DSC00019.JPG
OH WOW! Love that DODGE neon! There's a SWEET buy right there!
JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM SIGN BUYIN' BUTCH GREER WITH HIS BUYS FROM THE PATE SHOW......

Picked up these cool porcelain signs and fuel tags this past weekend.

Attached picture Photo04301428.jpg
Attached picture Photo04301428_1.jpg
Attached picture Photo04301453.jpg
Attached picture Photo04301453_1.jpg
Hung the porcelain signs on my house, fits nice!

Attached picture Photo04301852.jpg
Posted By: JunkGas Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 12:14 PM
My only buy this week was this common can.

Attached picture imagejpeg952_2.jpg
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 03:33 PM
wow those lubrication signs are great

I just bought this sinclair cardboard sign this week

Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 04:28 PM
CANOSAURS .............AMAZING LOAD YOU HAVE THERE!
My "new" BOTW are pretty weak compared to the gorgeous signs you folks have been collecting.

As Thunder said, if one comes to my house they can be a kid again. I have oil company comic books, activity books, toy trucks, cars and airplanes. I have coloring books..Oil Company knives for Mumblety-peg games.... but I didn't have any marbles until now....

Posted By: oilman514 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Wed May 04 2011 11:38 PM
mobil marbles and patches

Attached picture mobil marbles for BOTW.jpg
Attached picture patches for BOTW.jpg
I picked up this cool 5 foot lion sign

Plus I bought 2 boxes of these Sea Chief signs ALL MINT in box!

PHAGEEZ TOM!.....what a lucky find on that dozen Sea Chiefs! That made my week too! LOL!
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Thu May 05 2011 10:46 PM
I love those Sea Chief signs!
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Fri May 06 2011 01:47 AM
I picked this sign up from a add I posted on the local radio station looking to buy old gas station collectibles. never seen one before like this and in excellent shape.
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Fri May 06 2011 01:47 AM

Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Fri May 06 2011 01:52 AM
Also picked this one up. Not the best shape. Never seen this Conoco version lolly pop sign before

Posted By: Johnnyleduc Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - APR 25th -MAY 1st. - Fri May 06 2011 03:28 PM
The Sta-Ful sign sign is great. This add was heard on the Jack Benny Show. (I listen to old radio shows on the internet)
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk