Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: aviojnd texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 01:27 AM
anybody know why the sign sold so cheap it looked good to me i have the same sign had it for 45 years it is ebay #393137840698
Posted By: advertologist Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 01:45 AM
sign looks good, there are deals on ebay far & few in between .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texaco-Double-Sided-Flange-Porcelain-Sign-/393137840698

Attached File
1texflasn.PNG  (124 downloads)
Posted By: Tankar Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 01:53 AM
I believe alot of people left Ebay for other auctions ect. Yes sometimes there are deals.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:12 AM
[quote=aviojnd]anybody know why the sign sold so cheap

Most would avoid bidding on anything from sellers like this that peddle fake junk. Anything real (if it is) is poisoned by the other garbage.
Posted By: poleman Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:21 AM
YEAH THATS MY THOUHTS, He has too much fake stuff for sale.
Posted By: David Montalbo Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:24 AM
Some of the garbage out there being passed off as originals are truly hard to Identify as repos, but, It is definitely a fake Texaco flange! Look close its in the detail of the lettering script.
Posted By: gasgeezer Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:25 AM
I agree with Metropetro, If its geniune its the only one of all the multiple garbage signs he is selling and all with a BS story behind it, im guessing the pros are getting closer to making it about perfect and were all in trouble at that point.
Posted By: advertologist Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by gasgeezer
I agree with Metropetro, If its geniune its the only one of all the multiple garbage signs he is selling and all with a BS story behind it, im guessing the pros are getting closer to making it about perfect and were all in trouble at that point.

by looking at sellers other items current & completed anything this seller sells is questionable .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/sch/heavyhi13/m.html
Posted By: aviojnd Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 02:50 AM
thanks guys after looking closer i see what you mean my sign is 1800 miles from where i am now and it looked from memory
Posted By: minuteman Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 04:34 AM
Really you guys, am i seeing the same sign, this is garbage and its easy to see that, one P looks like a D, and the u doesn't look like one, keerist i didn't even have to put my glasses on for this one....lol
Posted By: petropumps Re: texaco flange sign - Tue Feb 23 2021 11:00 PM
Yep...fake.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: texaco flange sign - Thu Feb 25 2021 12:01 AM
Yep. I agree with Kim and petro 100%. The letters are horrible, and all that white in the green T. Lots of red flags on this one.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk