Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Oct 22 2020 05:45 AM
Last week I bought a huge load of pumps and parts up in Northern California. This is a 15 minute video recap of my trip.

Thanks for watching,
Rob

https://youtu.be/28frEksaN-I

Posted By: Steven C. Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Oct 22 2020 08:52 AM
Wow!! Great haul!! Congrats!
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Oct 22 2020 06:31 PM
Boy, that's Lots,of Work !! Gladyou didn't get hurt, always best to just let go of the pump, which is not your first instinct
Posted By: Done4 Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Oct 22 2020 07:21 PM
What is your trailer load max and how often do you do maintenance on your trailer? I once bought 56 pumps and after loading unloading after 5 trips I never did that agin. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Oct 22 2020 09:18 PM
Terrific!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Fri Oct 23 2020 04:00 AM
Thanks guys!!!

Les , I check bearings and service once a year . Max load I just kind of guess . lbs axles each with four drum brake system.

Rob
Posted By: trifiver Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Fri Oct 23 2020 03:05 PM
Wow Great score , get some help when you have that many to load hate to see you get hurt

Sid
Posted By: Done4 Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Fri Oct 23 2020 09:30 PM
Thanks Ron, I use to do maintenance in spring and then the fall. I think my trailer was at 3500 lbs, two axles. Changing that tire had to be scary not only your location but the weight. I too was a one man band so I can relate and respect your drive, those days for me are just a memory now but thanks for taking us old farts along.
Posted By: Toys4Fun Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sat Oct 24 2020 02:50 AM
Awesome video and score Rob! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sat Oct 24 2020 03:14 AM
Great vid!
Man, those Bennetts... they just seem to be 100 lbs heavier than most other 6 footers!! If I remember right, they weigh 575lbs each. Thankfully you were not hurt and looks like the pump came out ok.
My son saved me from having a Erie 766 fall on me. It pays to have help! Ya get a leg or arm under one of those when it's going down and it's sure to snap and crush A LOT! I agree with Paul's comment above!
I was trying to figure out around how much weight you had on there. I have a 7500lb trailer that weighs around 2200. I hope yours is about 10,000lb because I think you were over 7500lbs in pumps,,, not sure tho??
Thanx for sharing!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sun Oct 25 2020 04:37 AM
Thanks for the positive comments and the concerns. The trailer was maxed out for sure. My last post goofed up . It has two 3500 lb axles. I felt like I was going to die changing that tire on a dangerous curve with very little shoulder. I was praying the entire time. Yes the additional weight of the pumps made it very hard to jack up with the truck screw jack. I usually pack a hydraulic jack but lent it out to a friend a week before this. Go figure!!! The screw jack would not go high enough as cars were speeded by me. I had to use 2x4 blocks . On the third try I finally got the trailer lifted high enough. I let that Bennett go and did not even try to save it. It landed in very softly in deep soil and did not have any damage at all. I just knew when it started to go over to just let it go!

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: advertologist Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sun Oct 25 2020 11:20 PM
another great production - back breaking work with good results .. ... cool
Posted By: keithia Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Mon Oct 26 2020 01:47 AM
Great score. I can't image how hard it was having to do that all by yourself. I thought you had a motorized cart like Tom?
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Mon Oct 26 2020 06:14 PM
The owner had a brand new motorized cart and he let me try it out. Neither of us could operate it alone. Heavy beast and the throttle was not variable enough. Maybe with much practice but in that loose dirt it was scary with the wheel spinning in dirt etc. It was a strain for me to lift the pump back up to the upright position with all that weight. I’ve used Tom’s at Iowa Gas and in the parking lot it seemed fine. Tons throttle seamed less sensitive.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Mon Oct 26 2020 08:42 PM
Very cool Rob.
Posted By: Wozzy Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sun Nov 01 2020 10:27 AM
Wow thats amazing! I would love to go there with a container and get it shipped back to me in Germany
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Thu Nov 12 2020 03:13 AM
Awesome Rob!!!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sat Nov 14 2020 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by Wozzy
Wow thats amazing! I would love to go there with a container and get it shipped back to me in Germany

Thanks!! What do your pumps look like in Germany?

Rob
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sat Nov 14 2020 03:47 AM
Thanks Braden !
Posted By: redmike Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sun Nov 15 2020 12:33 AM
Great score Rob, wish I lived in Ca. and could take a ride out to your place to check them out! Good luck with whatever you do with them!
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Sun Nov 15 2020 03:10 PM
Congratulations . That is crazy to find that many pumps still in one place . Your going to be soar for a long time , possibly forever.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: My Latest Gas Pump Buying Trip - Mon Nov 16 2020 02:49 AM
Yes I’m still recovering lol!!’

Thanks for watching my videos!

Rob
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk