Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hardy's Garage The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:21 AM
I have been collecting gas pumps for 25 years this month and with the social distancing thing I, like Kevin, have found more time to work on them. I don't do a full restoration as I prefer their original look. Some pumps in my collection are restored but I stopped doing it when people would see the collection and the next thing I knew one of my pumps was going down the road with its new owner. I may also have gotten a little lazier as I aged.

My work is limited to replacing missing or broken parts, new window glass and wiring.The Tokheim 39 shell pump was my first and it was given to me by a close friend. That one will never be sold. As you can see from the attached photos, I have several pumps waiting to be repaired and I should keep busy well into 2021. Hopefully by then we have a handle on the COVID virus and I will have a chance to go out and find that next pump I just have to have.

As you can see I was a car guy long before I got the pump bug. The mustang was bought in 1974 and is a rust free California car.

Everyone stay safe and continue to enjoy this great hobby of ours!

Marshall

Attached picture DSC01059.JPG
Attached picture DSC01056.JPG
Attached picture DSC01054.JPG
Attached picture DSC01058.JPG
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:24 AM
Attached are a few more photos of some of the pumps.

Attached picture DSC01060.JPG
Attached picture DSC01061.JPG
Attached picture DSC01062.JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:45 AM
you must like red cars - well organized - looking good .. ... cool
Posted By: ALSS72 Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:55 AM
Looks great Marshall 👍
Posted By: Done4 Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:05 AM
Very nice collection and presentation.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:07 AM
Awesome collection Marshall, thanks for sharing the photos of it.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:46 AM
That is so awesome!!! Great collection. The garage itself is very cool, I wish I had a set up like that. I really like your M&S 65, I always wanted one.

Looks like one of the vehicles may have to go if you are going to put more pumps in there.
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:51 AM
Nice collection. Richard
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 03:30 AM
Nice setup, love your partitions in garage
Posted By: Novaman Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 04:16 AM
Nice garage, nice car collection, and nice petroleum collection. smile
Posted By: Steven C. Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 11:35 AM
Wow!! Really diggin the garage!! And the pumps are over the top!! Very nice, but looks like you need a bigger garage grin
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments. My collection is far from the best that's out there, but I'm very happy with what I have been able to put together.

My first car was a red 66 Mustang which I drove into the ground. I guess red has stuck with me as my daily driver is red as well. The Corvette is a numbers matching car and all original,except for a repaint and replacement radiator.The F-350 truck has the original paint and is a work truck with 30,000 miles. The f-150 was originally blue while the mustang Was green. The M&S 65 is one of my many favorites, made in buffalo, NY, and it weighs a ton. Even the face bezels are cast iron.

I would not be able to have the collection I have with out this site and the many friends I've made. Thanks to Metro Petro, AlSS72, Tom Buckles, Blair Underwood, Potter Stiles, John Mancino and more people than I can possibly name.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 12:37 PM
Marshall, That is a fantastic collection that is well displayed. It looks like a lot of hours went into assembling all that!
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 12:39 PM
Nice collection Marshall. Wonder how many M&S 65 are out their, bought mind in Syracuse about 15 years ago only seen about 5 counting yours.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:07 PM
Very nice collection. Displayed great. I love the garage.
Posted By: J, Micieli Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:14 PM
Nice!
Posted By: RandyM Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 01:43 PM
A collection you can be very proud of. I always say "it's not the biggest, it's not the fanciest, what makes it the best is it is yours".
Posted By: oldpumpjack Re: The Lights Are On - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:45 PM
Super nice garage. I also am a car guy. Started with cars then into slots and pinballs. Last with signs and pumps. Boy does the collection obsession spread fast. Good thing is that my wife collects also. As a result we live in our own museum. Everyone keep it up and enjoy every minute.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: The Lights Are On - Mon Jul 20 2020 02:50 AM
Love it Marshall!!
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: The Lights Are On - Mon Jul 20 2020 12:37 PM
Thanks Mike!
Posted By: gas pump hobbyist Re: The Lights Are On - Mon Jul 27 2020 07:05 PM
Very nice. Need to c in person.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: The Lights Are On - Mon Jul 27 2020 11:45 PM
Great photos Marshall! I like the whole setup!
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: The Lights Are On - Tue Jul 28 2020 12:47 AM
Thank you everybody for the kind comments! So glad to communicate without hearing the facebook crowd!!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: The Lights Are On - Tue Jul 28 2020 03:20 AM
Awesome!!!
Posted By: BrianH Re: The Lights Are On - Tue Jul 28 2020 07:54 PM
Looks great Marshall! Love the variety of pumps and the cars look great too.
Posted By: RedHat Re: The Lights Are On - Tue Jul 28 2020 09:37 PM
Very nice!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk