Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SandPCollector AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Thu May 14 2020 07:10 PM
This was inspired by gatorgaspumps and MATT ALVAREZ two recent posts showing their gas pump collections. I started collecting gas pump salt and pepper shakers almost twenty years ago and did not even know of these coin banks until I had been collecting for six or seven years. I believe the shakers were gas station give-a-ways and the banks were sold by the stations. I do know that the banks are many times harder to locate than the salt and pepper shakers are. The banks are 4 and 1/2 inches tall versus the shakers which are 2 and 7/8 inches tall. Here are the various Avsco coins banks I have been able to assemble to date. I would very much be interested in learning what other coin banks exist, so if you have information or photos please add to this post. Thanks for looking and I hope you get some enjoyment out of these!

Attached picture Banks 1 051420.jpg
Attached picture Banks 2 051420.jpg
Attached picture Banks 3 051420.jpg
Attached picture Banks 4 051420.jpg
Posted By: RedHat Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Thu May 14 2020 09:13 PM
Love it!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Thu May 14 2020 11:21 PM
Awesome collection. I have not seen this many versions, thank you for sharing them with us.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Fri May 22 2020 12:16 PM
Nice to see the different ones out there. What are the general price ranges for these banks that you have come across? I'm sure decal condition is very important, as it is with the s&p's.
Darin
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Fri May 22 2020 01:47 PM
Darin, Prices are all over the map. The condition and rarity is important as you indicated. The common banks seem to trade between $20 and $50. The hard to find ones are dependent on the day and who is bidding! I don't recall seeing an individual bank sell for more than $400 or $500. I've certainly seen lots of shaker sets sell for far north of that amount. My personal opinion is that the banks are a heck of a lot harder to find than shakers, but there aren't as many bank collectors as there are shaker collectors.
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Fri May 22 2020 02:21 PM
Nice collection of coin banks. Have never run across one in all the years I have been collecting. Richard
Posted By: pumpdoc Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Thu May 28 2020 03:52 AM
Here are my three banks.

Attached picture 139.JPG
Attached picture 162.JPG
Attached picture 168.JPG
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: AVSCO Gas Pump Coin Bank Collection - Fri May 29 2020 12:51 AM
pumpdoc, Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see there is someone else collecting these! I noticed that your Mobil has a red nozzle and that your Texaco has a silver one. I've never seen red or silver before. I had previously only seen black, white, orange and tan. I always enjoy learning something new about this hobby.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk