Oldgas.com Home
This is a video on how to restore an old original gas pump’s finish and functionality.

Enjoy!

Rob

https://youtu.be/_z6U-6x9ehU

that looks like work with xlnt results, educational .. ... cool
Hello Randy,
Thanks for your positive comment! All I can say is this was very enjoyable work! All in all I spent only a few hours and smiled the entire time ! Hopefully I will see you at the new Roy Reeds Location soon!!!!

Rob
Rob, I very much enjoyed your latest video. It is great to see you bring life back into these old pumps!
Rob, Great Video. Jim
Great video, again. If I had done that to that pump I would have left one side as is so that everyone could see the before and after. Great job. Thanks for posting it. Bob
Love the video Rob. Great work as always.
It Turned out looking great , and a lot of fun to watch . Thanks
Once again, nice video Rob!
Great video Rob!!
Thanks for all the nice compliments on my pump and video project! I really did enjoy that project more than any other that I have recently worked on.

Rob
Nice job Rob, love it!
Cool video Rob. I love those original patina pumps as well.
-Steve
Great job Rob! You've inspired me to try that on a Tokheim 850 I have with ugly brown paint over red an yellow peaking thru. Now I just need to find the time.
Tom.
Thanks guys!

Tom if you try it in your 850 I would love to see before and after pictures please.

Thanks,
Rob
Great flic , never tried the wet sand before, I like the results.
I did this one not to long ago with a pressure washer

Attached picture 16A315DE-656F-48E8-9532-FBD67462D8F5.jpeg
Attached picture D0CF3C0C-AD00-4254-89A3-AC6B49049D14.jpeg
Great video Rob. Think its important to figure out what paint you have.
The old oil base enamel paints doesn't give up as easy as laytex base paints of today.
Awesome video Rob
Thanks guys !

Nick,

Thanks for posting pictures of your National A-62 pump. The sides and top almost look like they are Flying A green porcelain but I am thinking they are painted panels? The pressure washer gave it a good look.

Rob
Originally Posted by Loyd Pierce
Great video Rob. Think its important to figure out what paint you have.
The old oil base enamel paints doesn't give up as easy as laytex base paints of today.

Yes I agree!!!!

Rob
really cool
Finally watched it. Nice job!!! It looks good. Video was a good job as well.
Thanks Dave and Matt ,

Matt ,
I have been inspired by you and what you have done with your pumps over the years. I finally took the time to make a pump my own! This one is a keeper for sure now.

Rob
What a cool video...thank you for taking the time to do that. End product is beautiful.
Originally Posted by petropumps
What a cool video...thank you for taking the time to do that. End product is beautiful.

Thanks,
It’s now in the garage building and every time I walk in there and see it I smile! What a fun small project!

Rob
Posted By: marky Re: How to restore an original old gas pump’s finish - Thu Mar 05 2020 07:21 PM
i used stripped on this national 360 pump was wondeing what i can do to bring the porcelain shine back . wet sand and buff? buff panels with compound?
marky

Attached picture top.jpg
Attached picture side.jpg
Hi Marky,
I have cleaned up a bunch of those National porcelain pumps. Just use a fine polishing compound after the chemical stripping and washing. After that use a good quality automotive wax and buff it off. It will shine!

Rob
Posted By: marky Re: How to restore an original old gas pump’s finish - Tue Mar 10 2020 12:37 AM
ok thank you
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk