Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Selling off some excessive pumps video - Thu Jan 02 2020 04:11 AM
I decided to let go of a few excess pumps from my collection. I am focusing on collecting deco and clockface pumps from the 30s. Thought a few of you would enjoy my selling experience.

https://youtu.be/7JHXs3MoBXs

Rob
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Thu Jan 02 2020 05:40 AM
So Rob I watched the video and noticed the creek has water! That's good. I didn't see burnt vegetation. That's good too. And a lot of the stuff around the sheds was gone as well.
Now we're some of those pumps with guts? Shipping with residual gas gunk would be frowned upon I would think. Or does it matter?
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Thu Jan 02 2020 10:28 AM
Hello Fred,
Yes the creek is flowing beautifully!!!! We have had lots of rain!!!! The vegetation has grown back since the Tomas Fire . I cleaned up around the sheds since you were here. All good news! As far as guts some were heavy and some were not. I don’t think shipping in a container makes a difference guts or no guts . I have shipped complete pumps using North American van lines several times. The guts are not flammable after 30 years or more of sitting. Dick Bennett used a torch to gut back in the day . Also the old varnish does not spill out when moving them .

Thanks for watching my videos,
Rob
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Thu Jan 02 2020 01:39 PM
Thanks for the tour Rob. Although the most of the fun is in the hunt, there is a sense of contentment in the sale. Neil
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Fri Jan 03 2020 02:20 AM
Yes I agree 100 percent Neil !!!!!!

Rob
Posted By: carconcierge Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Fri Jan 03 2020 07:00 PM
Thanks for the entertainment. A worthwhile 7:42 minutes. Bob
Posted By: kjsplichal67 Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Sat Jan 04 2020 12:03 AM
Awesome Rob!!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Sat Jan 04 2020 06:17 AM
Thanks guys!
Posted By: Greg Michigan Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Sun Jan 05 2020 05:16 PM
I enjoyed every minute of your video Rob. Thanks.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Selling off some excessive pumps video - Sun Jan 05 2020 08:19 PM
Thank you Greg!

Rob
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk