Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: brianrex64 Erie 77 - Mon Aug 12 2019 05:36 PM
Just finished the restoration on my Erie 77
My grandfather owned a flying A station in Seattle so this was me paying respects to him.

Attached picture pump2.jpg
Attached picture Pump.jpg
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Erie 77 - Mon Aug 12 2019 06:03 PM
WOW nice job and a daily reminder of his legacy.
Posted By: brianrex64 Re: Erie 77 - Mon Aug 12 2019 06:03 PM
Still looking for the door bezels if anyone has any ..................
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Erie 77 - Mon Aug 12 2019 11:26 PM
Good looking pump. Are you looking for the pot metal bezels that go around the face plate opening? I may have a set bit don't see any mounting holes in your doors.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Erie 77 - Tue Aug 13 2019 02:54 AM
Very Nice!!
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Erie 77 - Tue Aug 13 2019 04:50 PM
Erie used both style doors, ones with bezels with your typical curved face plates that used a glass window and one without bezels that used a flat face plate with clear plastic inserts in the cut outs for the price/gallons, ect and no window glass.
Posted By: brianrex64 Re: Erie 77 - Mon Aug 19 2019 09:08 PM
I read somewhere that this pump always used the bezels. Even though this one just didn't look like it was correct. It has a really odd shaped rubber gasket that the glass went into and was held in from the back side with a metal retainer about an inch wide and was held in place with a bunch of screws and nuts. I couldn't find the gasket that was original so i improvised and am running it without glass until i can come up with a better solution. It is on my front porch out of the weather so i am not super concerned about that but would still like it to be complete.
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Erie 77 - Tue Aug 20 2019 02:22 PM
The ad glass was attached using the two pieces of stainless steel trim with several nuts and bolts that you describe. My ad glass that came with the pump was plastic, not glass. I believe the inserts in the Cash Value, This Sale,ect. were one piece for ewach set with the three inserts that simply pushed into place on the back side of the faceplate. The original face plate trim had a white molded plastic that served as the seal between the door and face plate. I do not think they used this style on the five foot models.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk