Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL Vintage Deep Rock glass globe - Sun Nov 25 2018 11:08 PM
A big thanks to my brother and his wife for the early Christmas surprise present. My first globe! This two piece glass is from a personal collection of a past oil distributor in Omaha NE; Eddie Gibson of Gibson Petroleum. Unfortunately both Eddie and my Dad are now deceased but luck has it my brother's wife successfully connected with Eddie's grandson to purchase some old original pieces from Eddie's collection.

Eddie was the broker/oil distributor that provided serviced for my Dad's gas station/truck stop, BA Tramp Oil, in South Yankton, Nebraska.

Did anyone on this forum know Eddie Gibson? Just curious.

Attached picture DR1.jpg
Attached picture DR2.jpg
Posted By: nuts66 Re: Vintage Deep Rock glass globe - Mon Nov 26 2018 02:02 AM
Eddie was a friend and fellow oil distributor, was lucky to pick up a lot of great stuff from him over the past years .
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL Re: Vintage Deep Rock glass globe - Mon Nov 26 2018 07:25 PM
Thanks Preston for responding. I wish I knew then what I know now and had taken interest in and preserving all the vintage gas station memorabilia that I was exposed to and had access to. I worked for Eddie in Omaha in 1984 for a mere 6 months waiting to enter the USAF and then had infrequent contact with him after.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk