Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Tue Jul 10 2018 09:45 PM
Pure Dumb Luck!!
Click on the "Pure Dumb Luck" link to see the original thread

Some of you may remember when I posted this lucky find and titled it "Pure Dumb Luck!!"
Well, I didn't ever think that lightning could ever strike twice, but it did this week! There were some Cities Service items posted on one of the Facebook trader sites and I noticed that one of the items was a Cities Serice Furniture and Floor Polish can. That jogged my memory enough to dig thru my stuff and find the label I had peeled from the other can. "INSTANT MATCH" Finding that it was the same, I pulled up the ad again and ever so slightly, I could make out the same markings on the can behind the label. You really had to look close and know what you were looking for to even begin to see it, but it was there! I made a couple of hurried offers, and my second offer got accepted and the stuff was on the way.
I received the box in the mail today, and just finished opening it. The tops on these cans weren't very good, so some of the polish leaked out and soaked the label even more, so the lettering on the can was even more visible by now. It was soaked to the point that removing the label was very easy, just like the first one that I found. I have saved that first label and I will press this one between the pages of a big book, just like the last one. These are the only 2 I have ever seen of this white can in the pint size, and may well be the last one for me?
Does lightning ever strike 3 times?
I guess we shall have to wait and see!
LOL

Description: Side #1
Attached picture Cities Polish 1.jpg

Description: Side #2
Attached picture Cities Polish 2.jpg

Description: Label coming off
Attached picture Cities Polish 3.jpg

Description: Lightning Strikes Twice
Attached picture Cities Polish 4.jpg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Tue Jul 10 2018 09:49 PM
Cool stuff Kevin. You make me jealous.
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Wed Jul 11 2018 03:01 AM
I had always heard that our eye sight diminished as we age, guess not for all of us though "eagle eye". Nice Job Kevin thanks for posting.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Wed Jul 11 2018 03:18 AM
Nice Kevin!!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Wed Jul 11 2018 01:51 PM
Some fishermen just seem to always hook a good one! Very Nice Kevin.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Wed Jul 11 2018 02:33 PM
You better see a Dr. and get that Horseshoe removed Kevin.. wink
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Wed Jul 11 2018 02:56 PM
Kevin, I suggest running out and buying a lottery ticket while you are on a hot streak!
Posted By: kjsplichal67 Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Thu Jul 12 2018 03:52 AM
Sweet Kevin!
Posted By: BryceG Re: Lightning Strikes Twice!! - Tue Jul 17 2018 07:55 PM
NICE find!

they may be the nicest out there, but they aren't the only ones wink

Attached picture CS-pint.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk