Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasmansgp Gustavus Dray Mobil Gas Station - Mon Jun 11 2018 06:37 PM
Most of us have heard about the Gustavus Dray, Alaska gas station with the working Wayne 60 gas pumps. I had seen pictures in the past but because of the remote location, in Alaska, I was never able to visit all the times that I traveled there. In January of this year, I was contacted by the gentleman who built these units some 15 years ago. It seems that the owners, of the Dray, were looking to have another Wayne 60 restored to use. The gentleman did not want to do another because of health issues. He asked me to handle the new pump for the Dray. We worked with a group of "Old Guys" to get it done. Two of those guys are on this site. The "before and after" pictures can be seen on my site. Pump ships to Seattle at the end of the week then onto a barge to Alaska. I have sold and shipped pumps all over the world. Most are transported on ships. This is the first barge delivery for me. Have a look. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Gustavus Dray Mobil Gas Station - Tue Jun 12 2018 03:20 AM
Looks good Paul, probably not many request for working pumps.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Gustavus Dray Mobil Gas Station - Tue Jun 12 2018 09:59 AM
Loyd, Thanks. Actually, we do get a lot of requests for working pumps. We just choose not to do them as they can become a nightmare of service problems. Kind of like when we were restoring juke boxes. We'd get a call on a Saturday from a client, saying that, " I hit c2 and nothing happened?" I was expected to go right out to fix it?? Not into that type of drama anymore. Best as always. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk