Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat May 20 2017 03:26 PM
I have not seen any "lets see your..." threads lately so I thought I would do one. It has been a while sense the new shoe box bodies that Paul Bell is making have been out so hoping there is a lot of pumps being topped off. Please share your pump, shoe box lenses, bodies and/or shoe box holders. If your pump is not complete we still want to see it. If you do not like dealing with or have trouble posting pictures please send them to me, I will post them. My email is in my profile.

The first shoe box pumps were designed for the Tidewater Co. (Tydol). They are a little shorter and wider than other pumps of the time period. They have a stair stepped or raised center top that is finished off with a shoe box globe. They also have vertical moldings. The pumps that followed these are standard production pumps with a shoe box holder made to fit that model of pump and vertical moldings. Some of the first Tidewater pumps were sold only to Tidewater and some were available to any oil company. The Bennett 155 is a example.

I will start off by sharing my Wayne 60T`s. The 60T is may favorite of all the shoe box pumps. My original plan was to restore them. One orange and black (regular) and the other cream and black (ethyl). I started messing with the red one to give me an idea what it would look like. I then decided not to restore them so the as found look of the red one is gone. The green one got a shoe box globe, holder and signs. Other than that it is still in as found condition.

Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat May 20 2017 08:04 PM

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I wanted to contribute to the tread. These are my 2 shoebox pumps. I love Matt's 60Ts and I hope to get a 60T, but until then I am happy with the 2 I have. I am still in need of an ID tag and orange and black Tydol ethyl shoebox lenses for the Bennett 155 and the correct red and black Tydol ethyl shoebox lens for the 39-TW.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 21 2017 02:21 AM
Here is Tom Schilling`s collection of shoe box pumps. He has a very nice collection of restored and unrestored pumps. First is a Tokheim 39TW, second is a very rare Bennett 145 display, third is a Wayne 60T, fourth is a Bennett 155, fifth is a Tokheim 36B TW, sixth is a Bennett 646 TW (this is a porcelain model), seventh is a Neptune 855 and last is a Wayne 70 (not sure if they used a T on the 70).

Posted By: JimT Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 21 2017 08:44 AM
Wow. Great thread Matt.
Posted By: minuteman Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 21 2017 05:27 PM
All are flying a or tydol. Is that the only company that used these pumps??
Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 21 2017 05:35 PM
Yes, only flying A and Tydol used shoebox pumps, although any of these pumps could've been rebranded to any brand after they were done being used at a tidewater station. In Wayne Hendersons book "100 years of gas stations" there is a photo of 3 bennett 155s that were at a station in Maine with Texaco shoebox globes. Based on the station design and it being in ME I would be willing to bet they made Texaco lenses for the shoebox globes when the station was rebranded from Tydol to Texaco
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 21 2017 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By minuteman
All are flying a or tydol. Is that the only company that used these pumps??

Some of the pump manufactures made their Tidewater designed pumps available to other gas and oil companies. Gilbarco made a model 89 that is a redesign of the model 86. It was available to any company. There was two versions of the 89. There was a version with ad glass in the top and no vertical moldings for any company and the Tidewater version that had no ad glass with vertical moldings. If you still have your two 89s it would be nice to see them here.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 22 2017 03:11 AM
This is my Bennett 155 "Tidewater" pump. These pump are prone to rust in the tops due to the design. The top is welded together and the cast iron air separator is in the raised center section. Dirt and moisture collect in between and cause rust. There is an early and a later version. The early version has a narrow raised top section and a computing clock unit like Tom`s blue 145 Tidex dislay pump posted above. The later version is like mine with a wider raised top section and a Veeder-Root computer. The Bennett 145 and 155 was available to any oil company.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 22 2017 03:44 AM
I added a winged Bennett door emblem to my Bennett 155. That is not correct but there was something that went there. I noticed in the pictures of Jack`s book but thought it was just in the artist`s renderings until I came across this picture on line. The seconnd picture was sent to me.

Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 22 2017 03:49 AM
For a guy who likes Shell you have a lot of Tidewater running through your veins and garage(s)! Nice pumps all. Rarely seen stuff way up north.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 23 2017 12:02 AM
Here is a bulletin that would have been sent to sales dealer. It would have gone in a counter binder. Also pictured is the letter that was mailed with it. The third picture is of the cover of a "Flying A news" magazine. I included it because it has 39TW pumps.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 23 2017 02:42 AM
Here are some 39-TW pump back in the day at stations.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed May 24 2017 12:28 AM
This is the third shoe box pump in my collection. It is a Gilbarco model 89. It was originally a any brand model with a ad glass top and no vertical moldings. I converted it into a "Tidewater" model by changing the top to a ad glass delete top, added the vertical moldings and a shoe box globe. The lens and decal design are from around 1942. Cream and black or silver and black were used on Ethyl pumps around this time period and back into the 30s. Orange and black was used on regular pumps.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu May 25 2017 02:50 AM
The Gilbarco 89 "Tidewater" version must not have been a popular pump. I have only come across one old station photo with one in it and not too long ago there was one in a farm auction.

Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu May 25 2017 12:19 PM
Here are a few photos of shoebox pump that I have stashed away.

Here a photo of a Gilbarco 96 with TW trim and shoebox holder in the wild. It is the only photo I've seen of a 96 with this trim.

Here was a 36B TW that was incorrectly restored in shell and has been since rerestored in flying a super extra. It is not mine.

Here is a cool old picture of some shoebox pumps. I really like the color of the regular grade pump.

Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu May 25 2017 01:59 PM
A few of my shoebox globe holders.

u
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu May 25 2017 11:01 PM
Kyle, thanks for adding to the thread. I know there are several members here on oldgas with shoe box (Tidewater) pumps. It would be nice to see them in the thread. They do not have to be complete. If you had one it would be nice to still see it posted.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu May 25 2017 11:06 PM
Here is a schematic for a Wayne 60T

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri May 26 2017 10:52 PM
We have another addition to our thread. Keith Karlson emailed pictures of his beautiful Tokheim 36B-TW "Tidewater" shoe box pump. He is also sharing with us his original shoe box globes and holders.

Keith, thank you for sharing.

Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri May 26 2017 11:02 PM
Wow!! I love the the pump and the orange and black shoeboxes. Those are killer. I really hope to find some.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 28 2017 03:45 AM
Here are some original shoebox lenses in the new bodies. I am very happy how the bodies come out. I recommend anyone with lenses or a pump with out a shoebox body to get a new reproduction body from Paul Bell.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 28 2017 05:07 PM
This is tha last of my four different shoebox pumps. It was done in late 50s color scheme. I had the color matched to the porcelain pump in the back round in the third picture. Hopefully we will get some more posts so we can see different pumps, globes and holders in different conditions. Post what you have in any condition.

Posted By: Yellow57 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun May 28 2017 06:13 PM
This is my porcelain 646 shoebox pump obviously with the wrong globe but still is an original shoebox pump, I really need to buy a repo body and lenses but my problem is I don't have the holder,anyway the guys that posted there pumps have some beautiful stuff!!

Attached picture IMG_2114.JPG
Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 29 2017 02:20 PM
Very cool, I would like a porcelain shoebox pump.

Here are some more porcelain 646s. The painted 646 is amazing. I am unsure of what happened to it.

Here is a 60T still in the wild. I wish I lived close enough to this pump to pester the owner about buying it.

Here is a Bennett 500 series with shoebox holder that was on eBay a long time ago.

Here is a Bennett 300/500 series holder I sold many years ago

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 29 2017 04:36 PM
Here are a few shoebox pumps that were on ebay in the past. The first is a Tokheim 36B-TW and the second two are porcelain Bennett 646TW. The shoebox is on sideways on the one with a globe. I do have a original photograph of some Bowsers with the shoeboxes sideways, but other than that they were supposed to have the ad glass on the side of the pump, not the front.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon May 29 2017 11:39 PM
Another member contacted me with pictures of his pump. It is a Wayne 60T. He found it in the wild and is currently in as found condition in his collection. He purchased a computer to install in it and is in the process of getting some shoebox lenses for it.

Out of all the "Tidewater" shoebox pumps the 60T is my favorite. I have some original station pictures with 60Ts that I will post on another day.

Posted By: hornsrus Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 30 2017 12:24 AM
matt! i have a 60-t & globe . but the holder is gone. do you know if some one makes them? thanks charley
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 30 2017 02:09 AM
Charley, I sent you a PM with some information.
Posted By: hornsrus Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 30 2017 03:59 PM
not a very good pic. charley

Attached picture 5-30 002.jpg
Attached picture 5-30 003.jpg
Attached picture 5-30 001.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue May 30 2017 10:45 PM
Charley, thank you for being part of this thread. It is nice to see other collectors pumps. The picture is good enough.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed May 31 2017 11:56 PM
A few more pictures were emailed. These belong to Norman. This is a bowser model 575. I have seen pictures of Bowser 557, 565, 575 and 585s with shoebox globes.

Posted By: eric grinder Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 01 2017 06:11 PM
Here is a new one for the thread. To date it's the only one I've been able to locate. It's an Aqua Systems 800T. Excuse the homemade shoebox globe. Second is a 36B Tydol survivor.

Attached picture shoe111.jpg
Attached picture shoe22.jpg
Attached picture shoe33.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 01 2017 11:27 PM
This thread is absolutely awesome!!
Posted By: T-way Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 02 2017 02:27 PM
My Neptune 855-T, complete with original ad glass.

And a shot of the specific top for this pump. It's never been apart since Neptune put it together originally.

Came to me from the Left Coast.

I had it brought to Iowa Gas a couple of years ago along with another 855.

Then I brought them to Michigan from there.

Later . . .

Jim

Attached picture Neptune855T-Overall.jpg
Attached picture Neptune855T-Top.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat Jun 03 2017 12:20 AM
Nice pumps, thanks for adding to the thread.

Here is a picture of what I thought were Wayne 60Ts but after looking closer I think they are Aqua 800Ts. Look at the side of the pump, it has a long nozzle receiver like Eric`s 800T.

This is the only old picture of Neptune 855-Ts that I have.

Posted By: eric grinder Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Jun 04 2017 09:21 AM
Matt, Great photo! I'll have to bring the magnifier out this evening but you might be right!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon Jun 05 2017 12:35 AM
Here is a Bennett 155 that belonged to Don Sherwood. He did a rustoration on it. This is the pump that got me started on doing them. The white one is what he started with.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue Jun 06 2017 12:28 AM
Here are a couple early pictures of Wayne 60Ts at the station. The first picture also has a Tokheim 39TW on the island. Also notice the advertising on the lower door of the pumps. It is the same as the Bowser posted earlier that belongs to Norman.

This photo has an early version Bennett 155 in between the two Wayne 60Ts. Also note that the Bennett appears to be silver and black. The Tydol Ethyl pumps before switching to the green were cream and black with a alternate image of silver and black.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 07 2017 12:28 AM
Women like shoes and I think they like shoe box pumps too.

Posted By: gulfiend! Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 07 2017 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFBZOR3tR_0
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 07 2017 11:18 PM
A couple more station pictures with Wayne 60Ts

Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 07 2017 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By gulfiend!

LMAO!...Mark, I don't even want to know how you found that video... grin

Awesome thread Matt!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 09 2017 12:07 AM
Ever wonder how often pumps are passed around. My Bennett 155 has had at least six owners (including me) that I traced back. It has been in at least four states and has traveled coast to coast. Here are some pictures of what it looked like through the owners.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 09 2017 11:56 PM
Here are a couple stations with Bowser shoebox pumps.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat Jun 10 2017 07:43 PM
Here is a couple more old shots. First is a Tokheim 36B-TW and a Wayne 70, the second is a Tokheim 36B-TW.

Posted By: Bob Richards Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat Jun 10 2017 08:03 PM
Two issues of the "Flying A News" Dealer's Magazine

May 1955:

July 1957:

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon Jun 12 2017 12:54 AM
Earlier in the thread there was a Tokheim 36B-TW posted that had a Super Shell decal on it. Here it is restored.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue Jun 13 2017 03:32 AM
Here is a station with short Bowsers. This is the only short shoebox pump I have seen. I have been told there were also short 39 shoebox pumps.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 14 2017 02:53 AM
Here is a couple Bennett shots from back in the day. First is a 155 and a 541. The second is a couple 155s

Posted By: olddutchgas Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 14 2017 06:54 PM
Sinclair station with Shoebox Globes, I believe this station was located in Wisconsin. It's the only photo I've ever seen with non-Tydol family Shoebox globes.

Aaron Hop

Attached picture IMG_3420.jpg
Posted By: Lost Highway Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 15 2017 01:17 AM
Cool photo Aaron. That is like the photo in waynes book that had Texaco shoebox globes. Same Bennett 155s with Bennett computers. Those look like just shoebox bodies with decals placed on there with the lenses removed. I wonder if Bennett tried to sell these pumps with the shoeboxes to other companies since the 155 was the first shoebox pump
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 16 2017 01:46 AM
Here is a couple Wayne 70s and a Wayne 60T

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 16 2017 11:23 PM
Here is a couple more old photos with Bowsers.

Posted By: Done4 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 16 2017 11:37 PM
Matt, I see you have changed your signature line. Could have fooled me.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Jun 18 2017 03:49 AM
I do not know what to think of this pump. Other than this one I have never seen a shoebox pump before the 1936 Tidewater special pumps. It looks like the holder on top could be from a Wayne 60T. I found this picture on line several years ago.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon Jun 19 2017 02:38 AM
This is the first Wayne 60T I have seen or heard of. It was posted here on oldgas around 2007 or 2008.

Posted By: Done4 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon Jun 19 2017 01:21 PM
Man, that's really nice.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue Jun 20 2017 03:42 AM
Here is a Bennett 155 that belonged to Tom Schilling. He decided to let it go and it is now in a new home. I do not know who the new owner is.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jun 21 2017 12:06 AM
These were at a Matthew`s auction in 2010. Back then I really needed a shoebox globe for my green 60T. I decided I was going to try real hard to get one. I bid a lot (today it would be a steel)and ended up with the Ethyl. That body ended up being the one that was used to make the mold for the reproduction shoebox bodies. Luck was with me that week, I was given a lead on another shoebox that I ended up buying.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 22 2017 03:15 AM
Here is a little information on the Tydol to Flying A transition. I am not 100% sure this is how it went. If some one knows for sure hopefully they will let us know. This first change in the transition was to add decals to globe lenses and to the ends of shoe box bodies. The first picture shows a decal on a Tydol globe. The second change was to make new globe lenses and shoe box lenses with a winged "A" added below the word "Tydol". The third change added the word "Flying" in between "Tydol" and the winged "A" and the last change deleted the word "tydol". The second picture shows some different changes in shoe box lenses.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 23 2017 02:58 AM
Here is an artists rendering that shows the winged "A" decal on the end of the shoebox body. The second picture is from a small foldout Bennett brochure. It has some information on the 135, 145, 155 and 165.

I think this is a 135 with the Vento type eliminator with See-gauge refill.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat Jun 24 2017 12:29 AM
Here is a couple stations with Erie 771s. They could possibly be 77s but I think they are 771s.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sat Jun 24 2017 02:38 PM
This is what the shoe box holder looks like for an Erie 77 and 771.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Jun 25 2017 06:00 PM
Here is a Fling A station with a couple shoe box pumps. One is a Tokheim 36B-TW and the other looks like an Erie 771.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue Jun 27 2017 12:33 AM
This is am Aqua 850T. It was found by an oldgas member and resold a while later.

Posted By: JimT Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Tue Jun 27 2017 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this knowledge & all Matt!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 29 2017 01:40 AM
A lot of cool pumps and information in this post
Thanks
Posted By: powerlube Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jun 29 2017 02:36 AM
Great post!!!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 30 2017 03:12 AM
I am glad there is some enjoyment from this thread. I am out of stuff until I come across some pictures or get new pumps. It would be nice if anyone had something to add to it.

Here is a couple pictures from four years ago. For a short time I was lucky enough to end up with two extra shoe box globes. One ended up on my Wayne 70 and the other on my Gilbarco 89. I still wanted to do more pumps so I contacted Paul Bell about making them. His Erie 70 tops are nice and knew he could do a nice shoebox body. Now I can do more shoebox pumps. Maybe there are collectors out there buying them to top off their pumps. Hopefully some will end up on this thread.

Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Fri Jun 30 2017 11:19 PM
Very enjoyable and informative thread !

Thanks Matt
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Jul 02 2017 05:03 PM
I found one I forgot to post. They are Bowser 557`s.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Jul 09 2017 02:39 AM
Here is the newest addition to the shoebox pump collection. Very happy to have it.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jan 09 2019 05:28 AM
I did this pump about a year ago and realized I did not add it to this thread. It technically is not done. I still need to put the vertical trim moldings on the back door and put some decals on the doors. It is a Bowser 565.

Attached picture HPIM6493 - Copy.JPG
Attached picture HPIM6493.JPG
Attached picture HPIM6492.JPG
Posted By: petro & rodz Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Jan 09 2019 11:54 AM
Matt would you share your process on what type of paint used and how you achieved the patina /and crackled effect .Very impressive.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Thu Jan 10 2019 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by petro & rodz
Matt would you share your process on what type of paint used and how you achieved the patina /and crackled effect .Very impressive.

I learned this process from this thread: http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=689667
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Sun Sep 08 2019 03:44 AM
I have been sent some original station pictures from a friend and have not added them to the thread. The first two pictures are Aqua 800T`s the third is Aqua 850T`s

Attached picture Aqua shoebox.jpeg
Attached picture Aqua 800Ts.jpg
Attached picture Aqua 850Ts.jpeg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Mon Sep 09 2019 03:27 AM
Here is another Aqua. It appears to be a 600. Also in the picture is a Wayne 60T with sunburst ad glass insert.

Attached picture T pumps.jpg
Attached picture T pumps - Copy.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Sep 08 2021 12:58 AM
I bought this one almost a year ago and have not added it to the thread. Hopefully some other members will add theirs too..

Attached picture HPIM1056.JPG
Posted By: tydolglobe Re: "Let`s see your..." shoe box pumps - Wed Sep 08 2021 02:39 PM
Great pictures Matt.

Does anybody have a picture(s) of a "TIDEX" branded pump in the wild.

I have never seen the graphics or the globe on old photos.

I have a company information booklet from 1934. It indicates the Tidex should be maroon/red over black.

Thanks for the great thread.

Keith Karlson

Attached picture Tide Water Oil 1934.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk