Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wallster Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Fri Nov 13 2015 02:19 AM
I found this gas pump in a warehouse and bought it for $40. Once I hauled it home, I tore it down and discovered that the frame was in rough shape on the bottom. I cut out the rotted steel and welded in new sheet metal patches and bottom structural pieces. The base was shot as well so I cut and welded 2" steel angle to form the new base. All the parts were cleaned, sanded (or sandblasted), prepped, and then painted. The base was done in hammer tone grey and the sheet metal was primed and painted with urethane paint. I reproduced the face, cleaned and painted the computer and assembled the unit. I also added LED lighting, a new hose and fresh vinyl decals. Just need to swap out the nozzle with an older one.

Wally

Posted By: advertologist Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Fri Nov 13 2015 03:45 AM
very nice restoration.. ... cool
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Fri Nov 13 2015 07:57 AM
That looks great . Nice job !
Posted By: trifiver Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Fri Nov 13 2015 03:29 PM
Looks Very Nice , Great Job !
Posted By: Sarman47 Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Fri Nov 13 2015 09:23 PM
Excellent job.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Sat Nov 14 2015 03:52 AM
I like it!

Kurt
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Mon Nov 16 2015 12:40 AM
That looks great!
Posted By: Huskerscott Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Tue Nov 17 2015 01:34 PM
Great job, now the price of gas boy pumps is going up!!
Posted By: Mahyday Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Thu Jun 14 2018 05:17 AM
Great save!
Excellent work!
Posted By: bennett_646 Re: Gasboy pump decorated as Sinclair Aircraft - Mon Jun 18 2018 01:29 PM
One of the nicest gasboy pumps I've seen. good job!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk