Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 47reo-travis Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 08:39 PM
Hi everyone . Here's another 1947 Reo speedwagon 1 1/2 ton , me and my son have been working on. I am getting back on the shop this month and hope to finish it , just been so busy this year with lawn and landscape work for the boss, I mean wife. I have a tank located for it and that is next. Hopefully the next time i post I will have the neon up as well . Can some one fix my pics also if upside down please. Still posting with this crazy i pad. Thank you

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 08:56 PM
looking good ... cool
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 09:19 PM
Good looking Truck Travis!!!
Posted By: pickurt Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 10:40 PM
Nice truck. Can't wait to see it with the tank. Kurt
Posted By: texacokie Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 11:06 PM
Very cool Travis that is going to be sweet!
Posted By: moore798 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun May 31 2015 11:10 PM
That REO Is Awesome!
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 12:19 AM
Travis that is one fine addition to the garage and your son will have a great story to tell later about how Dad helped with his truck!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 12:56 AM
That's super cool Travis!!! Looks great with the HC....
Posted By: blacktee Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 01:03 AM

NICE !
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 02:56 AM
Sweet!!
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 03:13 AM
Man that's great! Shop is awesome also.You guys have fun and your son will always have that memory with dad.Just great buddy! Mark
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 07:47 AM
Thanks guys. I plan on rebuilding all the wheel cylinders this year and just drive it around in the fields . My son wants to drive it so bad he can't stand it. I will keep you all updated. Its neat to see how much others enjoy this old stuff.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 07:49 AM
Looking fantastic!! I've always liked the look of your shop with the pump and sign. I remember you posting a pic when you first started the shop. Or something like that. Adding the truck to the mix is going to be a great looking set up!
BTW, love the look of the large window in the front of the shop!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Mon Jun 01 2015 04:39 PM
The truck is looking great, Travis. The shop is shaping up nice too.
Posted By: LSx Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Tue Jun 02 2015 11:42 AM
Next time im down that way I gotta see this
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Tue Jun 02 2015 03:02 PM
can`t wait to see it when its done..I`VE had a lot of old trucks and I love this one especially,,,my dream is to do a Tydol Gasoline truck..very cool so far

Alan
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Tue Jun 02 2015 03:46 PM
Lookin Good Travis!!!
Posted By: TerryL Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Fri Jun 05 2015 02:11 PM
I can't wait to see this when it is done either. Old trucks are so sharp when they are all restored.
Posted By: GASandOIL Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sat Jun 06 2015 10:37 AM
Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jun 07 2015 01:03 AM
Pretty sweet !
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Tue Jun 09 2015 03:11 PM
Nice truck Travis, and the shop is looking great!!
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 01:39 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments . Its nice that everyone enjoys this stuff so much . Got a little more done. Still going to skirt the tank sides and make a few side shelves for some dump cans, lengthening the rear of the tank with a storage box and rear doors. I made a big stencil of the Sinclair 3d logo and just taped it and hand painted . I hope my pics are not upside down , this i pad does funny things. Thanks.

Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 02:08 AM
Nicely done. Done just like they did back then. Looks great.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 02:10 AM
you've laid your building out nice with the trucks making it complete ... cool
Posted By: Sunbimmer Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 01:13 PM
Wow man, perfect!!!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 03:07 PM
That looks awesome!!! I love the front end/grille and the way you worked the red stripe into the whole thing.
Looks great, can't wait to see it progress.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Started on the Sinclair truck - Sun Jul 05 2015 09:47 PM
Looking great!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk