Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: model72 Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Fri Nov 08 2019 08:24 PM
$2,400 - Restored less than 2 years ago. Glass cylinder is original with no cracks, BB or bullet holes. Exterior light kit is reproduction. Magnolia Petroleum globe and globe holder are reproduction. Pump was cleaned and lubricated so it moves with pump handle. New electrical wiring to light arms and globe socket. Pump located in suburb of Dallas, TX. Brass gate valve and handle are original. No rust through on the skins.

Attached picture SAM_4907.JPG
Attached picture SAM_2896.JPG
Attached picture SAM_4910.JPG
Attached picture SAM_4912.JPG
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Fri Nov 08 2019 10:04 PM
Joe, are you sure the exterior light kit is a reproduction. A friend and I found a barn fresh BD 20+ years ago with the same light, and have never seen another til today, certainly haven't seen anything available on the market.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Fri Nov 08 2019 10:38 PM
Seems like dodo had one for sale a number of years ago. Kinda wish I would have bought it then.
Posted By: spencer Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sat Nov 09 2019 01:20 AM
I have a light assembly like the one pictured. I don't know of anyone that reproduces it. The glass jars are a little bigger than the ones in the pump for lighting faces. I think mine are 4inch glass. Spencer
Posted By: model72 Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sat Nov 09 2019 02:53 AM
I will measure the glass and determine the length and width.
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sat Nov 09 2019 03:47 PM
That’s the one, he always wanted to reproduce some, but never did. I think they would be very popular, it’s a boring pump that needs a globe on top.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sat Nov 09 2019 05:43 PM
If that light/globe holder is not original someone did a good job on it. The arms look a little short. The glass jars are smaller than the ones I have seen. These are rare, I have only seen a few. This one was stored at my place ( not mine ) for a while.

Attached picture Wayne,Boyle Dayton 007.JPG
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sun Nov 10 2019 06:41 AM
GPH is reproducing the light fixture/globe holder...
Posted By: model72 Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Sun Nov 10 2019 03:10 PM
That is true, but the light arms have a 90 degree bend so it looks like a Fry 117 when installed.
Posted By: model72 Re: Boyle Dayton Cut 83 - Mon Nov 11 2019 12:46 AM
The glass jars are 4" long and 3-1/3" wide. The light arms are the same length as original arms. I used measurements from an original light kit to make the reproductions. The light kit required many hours of planning, making molds, sand castings, getting the light arm angles accurate, drilling, tapping, etc. I don't plan to make any more light kits.
Joe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk