Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: LOWright Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 04:01 PM
Perfect Original Milk Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump 70, 71 and some others, no chips or cracks, has a Blue coating (i guess someone painted) on the inside that looks like the light bulb faded. Could be easily removed, i may do it if i get time....$2750.00 Call, Text or PM....Thanks, Owen 1-502-396-3435

Attached picture Erie 70 Glass Top.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 04:17 PM
Wow! Not many of those available!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 04:21 PM
Thanks Kevin, if i can find a nice stand for it (Erie Pump) i'll just keep it....LOL Love the ones with the brass cut out letter along both sides....
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 04:44 PM
You should have no trouble selling that Owen, good ones are hard to find. I lucked on to mine after giving up on ever finding a real one. Great piece....GB
Posted By: LOWright Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 07:56 PM
Thanks Gary, it's the first one that i have ever run across and i hate to say rare, people say it's way over used....Love to see your pump!
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 09:34 PM
Your price is actually quite reasonable for this. The one we sold on ebay went for more but we had to pay ebay fees.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 09:43 PM
Thanks Paul, I heard one sold quit a bit higher.....I wish i could find a nice straight and complete pump to put it on, maybe one will show up...
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Mon Mar 05 2018 10:35 PM
There around, we've got three of those Erie pumps but they need restoration. Good luck with the sale, sure your PM box is getting full!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Tue Mar 06 2018 02:06 AM
One of the pumps for sale?
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Tue Mar 06 2018 03:10 PM
Owen, I figured you had seen mine before, I posted it a while back. Here is the post:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=699598&page=1
Posted By: LOWright Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Wed Mar 07 2018 09:48 PM
Nice Pump! The letters on the side make it!!! Thanks
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Thu Mar 08 2018 02:11 AM
Great pump Gary, really glad the letters turned out. You inspired me to finally finish that Erie lettering project!
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Thu Mar 08 2018 05:18 AM
Thanks Owen and Paul. Paul, I really appreciate all your help when we were working on the letters. The way you ended up making yours has to be similar to the original idea as they had to be a simpler piece than these I fabricated by hand. Still, the line drawings are the only original picture we have to go by and I always thought the letters looked a little thicker in that picture than just a heavy sheet metal thickness. Guess we will never know unless an original example surfaces somewhere. Either way, the letters really set off the top on these pumps. Owen, you really should find a pump for your top and restore it. They seem to be showing up for sale quite a bit recently for some reason. Nice thing is, Paul's reproduction domes look identical to the original so if you get a chance to sell your original glass one you will have the cash to do a pump and get a replacement globe and letters from Paul to finish it off....
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Thu Mar 08 2018 12:55 PM
Owen, your mailbox is full send me a PM if your looking for an Erie pump to go under that terrific glass top you have. Marshall
Posted By: T-way Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Thu Mar 08 2018 02:46 PM
I saw an original Erie pump with some original letters at an auction a year or so ago. As I recall, they were a bit thicker than 1/8"

Jim
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Fri Mar 09 2018 07:47 AM
Glad I was able to help out Gary. Hopefully the letters I made are pretty close!
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Fri Mar 09 2018 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by T-way
I saw an original Erie pump with some original letters at an auction a year or so ago. As I recall, they were a bit thicker than 1/8"

Jim

You should've shot some good pictures of those letters Jim! Better yet, why didn't you buy the pump? Your sighting of the original letters is the first I've ever heard of...
Posted By: T-way Re: Original Glass Top for Erie Gas Pump - Fri Mar 09 2018 11:00 PM
I already have three Eris 70/71 pumps. One with the unobtainiam glass tops - so I didn't need another one.
And I don't know why I didn't shoot a couple of shots of the lettering. DOH!
The lettering was kinda beat up - but still there.
The auction was in flint from Harris Bros (I think).
Maybe somebody can find a auction photo in their archives.
Jim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk