Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Sun Jan 14 2018 10:10 PM
Both of these are new-old stock. The air chuck attachment has a red hose segment in the middle to provide flexibility, when accessing tire valve stems. It has as a rotating coupling on the air inlet.

As far as the chrome item goes...we'll have to let Jack Sim or someone else inform us about its purpose. I know it is designed to clamp on an air hose. And, I'm trying to dig up a memory from my time at the gas station in the 1960's. It looks really familiar. We'll see if someone chimes in about what this shiny bobble is for.

These two items are being sold together as one lot. The price is $16 for the pair, plus the shipping.

Attached picture 014 (500x351).jpg
Attached picture 008 (500x299).jpg
Attached picture 012 (500x402).jpg
Posted By: Stevo Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Sun Jan 14 2018 10:21 PM
I was told many moon ago it was to clamp a tire pressure gauge onto the hose close to the chuck?
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Sun Jan 14 2018 10:38 PM
The chrome item looks like a hose splice to tie it back together when cut..
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Sun Jan 14 2018 11:07 PM
Stevo, the purpose you indicated is what I thought this chrome thingie was for....but I was chicken to mention that in my posting! I know there's something in the back of my memory from my gas station worker days that made me think this.

Rick, thanks for your thoughts. Perhaps we'll get some more input along the way. John
Posted By: Stevo Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Mon Jan 15 2018 04:34 AM
Come on John, no guts, no glory...LOL.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Mon Jan 15 2018 04:01 PM
Yes, you caught me on that one, Steve! I could withstand being ridiculed by my lovely wife....but, not by the guys here on Old Gas. John
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Air Meter Hose Accessory Items - Sat Jan 20 2018 05:12 PM
This group of two NOS air hose accessory items is STILL AVAILABLE. $16 for the pair, plus the shipping. Thanks for looking. John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk