Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JimmyD Mobil Aero Quart Cans - Thu Dec 30 2010 10:12 PM
I have a total of 10 Mobil Aero Red Band FULL oil cans, $10 each plus actual shipping.

I previously listed the Skelly FULL metal cans, and the Exxon FULL cans, but I've included them in this photo so that you can get a closer look at them. I cleaned the top Skelly can, and it cleaned up nicely. These cans are also $10 each plus actual shipping. I have 10 of the Skelly and 23 of the Exxon.

I am willing to trade any can for any can I don't currently have in my collection, straight up. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

Attached picture P1010004.JPG
Attached picture P1010005.JPG
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: Mobil Aero Quart Cans - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:40 AM
First off, I received the Mobil Aero can from Jimmy and it is an excellent example of this version.
Which brings me to the reason of replying to this post.

Up until a year or so ago, I would not have even looked at one of these post 1966 can versions. I have now started to collect them and must say, they do compliment my earlier Mobil cans in the collection.

What is unusual to me is Jimmy's cans are AERO RED BAND. The colored band cans have been around since the 1930's, but I always thought they had been discontinued with the 1966 reimaging of Mobil. I do know of the can that just says AERO on the label.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the cans Jimmy is selling are very uncommon. He tells me he still has several left, so I think it's a great opportunity for those interested to aquire one in this outstanding condition.

Thanks again Jimmy.
Posted By: JimmyD Re: Mobil Aero Quart Cans - Wed Jan 12 2011 01:46 AM
You are quite welcome Gary. And thank you for the praise.

Jimmy
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk