Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: heavyd175 Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Tue Nov 23 2021 01:18 PM
Hello all,

Thanks for having me. I've been trolling for a while but decided I wanted to post and communicate with the group. I reside in S/E Michigan, a little north of Detroit. I've been collecting beer signs and tins for years, evolving from your basic common commercial beers to now only local commercial tins and craft beer places that I have visited. I recently started taking those tins down to make room for Petroleum and Gas related signs of tin, metal, and porcelain. I have taken a special liking to Amalie signs and have started a nice little collection. I currently also own three gas pumps, a Bennett 150 clockface, Bennett 766 computing, and a G & B 176 visible. I also enjoy working on old cars and currently own a 48 Ford F-1 (my father's old truck undergoing restomod) and a 78 Lincoln Continental (my grandmother's old car). Lots of muscle has been through the stable, but my dream would be a 70 Mustang Mach 1.

Looking forward to contributing to the group, although I'm sure I'll be much more of a sponge for a long time. Feel free to say hi, and of course if you have something Amalie for sale, reach out!

Cheers,
Dave

Attached picture 20211123GaragePic.jpg
Attached picture 20211123AmalieBubble.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Tue Nov 23 2021 01:50 PM
Dave, Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Tue Nov 23 2021 04:11 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Tue Nov 23 2021 09:12 PM
Welcome to OLDGAS You have some nice signs
Bill
Posted By: Skydog Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Fri Nov 26 2021 06:21 PM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
Posted By: heavyd175 Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Sun Nov 28 2021 03:21 AM
Thanks! I LOVE the picture of your 46-48 Chevy car on your tile picture. My Grandfather had a 47 Olds, and I absolutely LOVE these few surviving cars with the fenders that go back into the doors. Nice one.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Sun Nov 28 2021 03:31 AM
Welcome
Posted By: pigIRON63 Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Mon Nov 29 2021 12:37 PM
Welcome
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Hello, new collector: any Amalie? - Thu Dec 02 2021 01:33 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk