Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jakesnowdog New Member Intro - Fri Feb 26 2021 09:35 PM
I'm Jakesnowdog. I just registered on this site today. I've been collecting 1960's Sinclair smalls and ephemera for 6 years now. I've been interested in Petroliana (not just Sinclair) for a few years before that. I started collecting after I started watching "American Pickers" on the History Channel somewhere around 2014. I've seen every episode and still watch it every Monday night. The Petroliana related episodes are my favorites.

I saw the Sinclair Dinoland dinosaurs at the Ford City shopping center (in SW side of Chicago) back in 1967 - when I was 5 years old (on their Dinoland on Tour across the country '66-'67 - after the NY World's Fair closed) - which probably explains my big interest in Sinclair. I had the mini Dino's and Dino Soap when I was a kid - as well as a mold-a-rama Brontosaurus I got from that tour.

I just found this site today and was immediately impressed. I found it after searching for "Jackie Knott" - because his name is credited many many times in the "Sinclair Collectibles" book I have by Henderson/Benjamin. I sadly found out that he passed away in July of 2020 - in a post by Wes Maxwell. I learned about him for the first time here on this site. I read on from there and found a post by Sundropman05 called "Company of the month "Sinclair" " posting. After being amazed at the hundreds of collection pictures in that thread - I registered and made my first two posts with some pics of my little collection of Sinclair smalls and ephemera within the Company of the month "Sinclair" thread.

Looking forward to everything this site has to offer, and very glad it exists.

Jake
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Member Intro - Fri Feb 26 2021 10:12 PM
Jake, Welcome to Oldgas. I saw the Sinclair display at the New York World's Fair in 1965.
Posted By: Jakesnowdog Re: New Member Intro - Fri Feb 26 2021 11:59 PM
Lucky You !!

Just in case you haven't seen this - here is a video of Dinoland in 1965 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abYJ3MjQpm8
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 12:10 AM
I was 6. I remember the green plastic banks and the dinosaurs.
Posted By: Tankar Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 01:42 AM
Welcome
Posted By: Jakesnowdog Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 01:43 AM
Thanks
Posted By: advertologist Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 03:19 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Bill jr Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 01:14 PM
Welcome to OLDGAS
BILL
Posted By: Jakesnowdog Re: New Member Intro - Sat Feb 27 2021 06:06 PM
Thanks and Thanks
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: New Member Intro - Mon Mar 01 2021 02:05 AM