Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Kluse Greetings from Kansas - Fri Nov 20 2020 06:52 PM
Hello all,

I found this site while looking for parts for a G&B Model 80-18 I'm trying to restore. I work in the sign industry, and while we do neon, LED, vinyl, or any other kind of signage, the majority of my work is focused on the railroad industry. In my free time I enjoy buying, restoring, and sometimes selling antiques (my wife would prefer I do more of the selling). The G&B I'm working on will be my first gas pump, so if I sound like a noob, it's because I am. I look forward to checking out all the information in these forums and possibly picking a few brains while I'm here.

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

Attached picture Larrys Pump.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Greetings from Kansas - Fri Nov 20 2020 06:55 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Greetings from Kansas - Fri Nov 20 2020 07:08 PM
Andrew, Welcome to Oldgas. Good luck with your restoration. I see a Tydol decal peeking out from a layer or two of paint. Beware, this hobby can be addictive!
Posted By: Kluse Re: Greetings from Kansas - Fri Nov 20 2020 07:20 PM
Indeed, from what I can tell it has been both a Skelly and a Tydol pump. I'm not sure which way I'm going to take the restoration, but at least I'll be able to handle all of the graphics myself! The hard part is going to be finding the door and upper panel for the back side...
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Greetings from Kansas - Fri Nov 20 2020 11:48 PM
Nice first pump.
Welcome.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Greetings from Kansas - Sat Nov 21 2020 12:14 AM
Welcome
Posted By: RedHat Re: Greetings from Kansas - Sat Nov 21 2020 12:26 AM
Welcome
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Greetings from Kansas - Tue Nov 24 2020 03:09 AM
Welcome to OldGas! Beautiful original pump!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk