Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MARK SMITH IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:24 PM
A few pictures from the show.Left there this morning with 75 degree weather.Got home a few hours ago to 113!It was a good show.

Attached picture DSC00480.JPG
Attached picture DSC00481.JPG
Attached picture DSC00482.JPG
Attached picture DSC00483.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:26 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00484.JPG
Attached picture DSC00485.JPG
Attached picture DSC00486.JPG
Attached picture DSC00487.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:28 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00488.JPG
Attached picture DSC00489.JPG
Attached picture DSC00490.JPG
Attached picture DSC00491.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:31 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00492.JPG
Attached picture DSC00493.JPG
Attached picture DSC00494.JPG
Attached picture DSC00495.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:33 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00496.JPG
Attached picture DSC00497.JPG
Attached picture DSC00498.JPG
Attached picture DSC00499.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:36 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00500.JPG
Attached picture DSC00501.JPG
Attached picture DSC00502.JPG
Attached picture DSC00503.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:38 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00504.JPG
Attached picture DSC00505.JPG
Attached picture DSC00506.JPG
Attached picture DSC00507.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:42 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00508.JPG
Attached picture DSC00509.JPG
Attached picture DSC00510.JPG
Attached picture DSC00511.JPG
Posted By: Stu K. Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:42 PM
Mark, you always take nice pictures. Sorry I missed you.
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:44 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00512.JPG
Attached picture DSC00513.JPG
Attached picture DSC00514.JPG
Attached picture DSC00515.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:46 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00516.JPG
Attached picture DSC00517.JPG
Attached picture DSC00518.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:49 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00520.JPG
Attached picture DSC00522.JPG
Attached picture DSC00523.JPG
Attached picture DSC00524.JPG
Posted By: IndependentOil Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:50 PM
Anyone know who had the Coastal lens and Beacon globe?

Thanks L.
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:51 PM
more

Attached picture DSC00524.JPG
Attached picture DSC00525.JPG
Attached picture DSC00526.JPG
Attached picture DSC00527.JPG
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 10:52 PM
Last one!

Attached picture DSC00528.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:07 PM
It was Todd Fatino? I cant remember the spelling of the last name, who had the globe and lense
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:12 PM
Excellent Pictures. THANKS!!!
Posted By: IndependentOil Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:20 PM
Thank you Tankar!

Leighton
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:39 PM
I think its patino with a p. I don't know the correct spelling either.
Posted By: Tankar Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:49 PM
Todd Fatino I looked it up in my Iowa Gas book.
Posted By: IndependentOil Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Fri Aug 05 2011 11:53 PM
would you happen to have contact info?
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:04 AM
Does anyone know who had the Rebel lense? Thanks...Dale
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:04 AM
Thanks for posting all of the pictures. So... what did everybody think of the show? I thought vendor count was down, way down, as well as the room to room swap, way down. Foot traffic was the lowest I have ever seen it, there was just nobody there.

I remember even a couple years ago at the room to room swap, you could hardly even walk in the hallways, and everybody was carrying things. This year I saw only a couple of people carrying things and the hallways were pretty much empty.

Im not sure what is going on with the show, but I though buyer traffic was quite low.

It was fun getting to see everybody again.
Posted By: nels Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:06 AM
What kind of condition was the Kunz sign in?
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Thanks for posting all of the pictures. So... what did everybody think of the show? I thought vendor count was down, way down, as well as the room to room swap, way down. Foot traffic was the lowest I have ever seen it, there was just nobody there.

I remember even a couple years ago at the room to room swap, you could hardly even walk in the hallways, and everybody was carrying things. This year I saw only a couple of people carrying things and the hallways were pretty much empty.

Im not sure what is going on with the show, but I though buyer traffic was quite low.

It was fun getting to see everybody again.

I generally attend many flea markets and antique shows-but seldom go to a gas show's. Attendance at most of these events has dwindled slowly due to the economy and the lack of the younger generation not collecting. This makes me worry what the future of this hobby will be. Went to a car show swap meet which usually has about 200-300 cars and 100 or so vendors. There were 30 cars and 50 vendors. Makes you think twice on whats gonna happen in the future.
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:22 AM
txs mark for takeing your time to share the pictures with the old gas crowd!!! appreciate very much,,,txs alan
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:24 AM
I agree with Ryan. I think it would help to have a thursday friday show with auction on saturday. I had to take a week off for this show. I had alot of fun but we are not giving the genral public a chance to come to this show. Just my two cents . thanks.
Posted By: Signs-R-Us Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:44 AM
Does anyone know who had the OK wider selection billboard for sale?
Thank you
Bob Beck
blbeck77@aol.com
Posted By: st.rod Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 12:57 AM
I want a closeup picture of the Bennett "Flyin' Eyeball" pump if anyone has one... LOVE IT! Got a "Flyin' Eyeball" on my air cleaner on my 32. Gotta love Dutch.

Larry
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 01:00 AM
Was cool Larry,but I would be afraid it would follow you around a room.talked to a lady by it,and she said the wings actually would look like they were lighted.some kind of optical.Steven really did like it.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 01:14 AM
Mark thanks for the pics, looks like fun was had by all.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: nels
What kind of condition was the Kunz sign in?

It was a Repop.
Posted By: Tankar Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 01:27 AM
I agree with Ryan, dealers way down It looked like alot but they parked next to there space so it looked bigger then it was. I noticed many of the regulars that were not there. No doubt it was a long and hot week.
Posted By: Robert77 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 01:34 AM
Anyone have any idea how much they were asking for the Chrysler Marine Engines sign?
Posted By: okoil1 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 02:11 AM
Vendor count and foot traffic was definitely way down. However, most of the the vendors that I talked to reported good sales. Personally I sold more and bought more for my collection than I have in the last several years.

Regarding the format.....it hurts. I talked to 3 people that only attended 1-2 days because of vacation time restrictions with their employers. I can only imagine how many don't attend due to the length of the the show. The format is certainly not appealing for younger collectors (new faces) with vacation time considerations.

One other factor involved in the low turnout is that many of the regulars are aging and just not as active as they were 10 years ago.
Posted By: oilman514 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 02:48 AM
I see Mark Maxwell brought the Oakland signs i sold him.
Posted By: Shearpin Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sat Aug 06 2011 02:57 AM
I usually do not post comments but this was my first Iowa Gas Show and I must say I enjoyed it very much and purchased some nice quality pieces. In regards to the length of this show and reading some of the comments above I agree it can be a two day show with the auction the following day, making it three days total, and still be very sucessful!
I arrived on Tuesday at 4:30 in the afternoon, left that evening at 10:30 with some nice stuff, returned at 6:30AM on Wed and was done at 8:30, waited for one vendor who said he was going to wait and set up at 10:00am and it was worth the wait and purchased another globe, after that waited around to get in my first Old Gas "Family" picture at Noon, and headed back to Wisconsin.
Not to sound negative but I will say I was surprised at the very low attendance for all the hype and talk about this show on Old Gas. I was expecting a ton more people and vendors with more stuff.
I will return in 2012, you can count on that.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 03:28 AM
Agree with what many are saying on the schedule. Why not at least shift it forward 1 day? Have the main selling day Thursday and the auction Friday around noon. Or better yet, main selling day Friday and the auction around noon Saturday. This would get many more people to swap and auction - key factors! The auction would still be over at a decent hour and everyone has Sunday to drive home. It's hard to justify almost a week for this show the way it is now.

I too thought foot traffic was WAY down on Wednesday, certainly not the number of vendors either- never used to see a single empty spot anywhere in lot.....
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 04:50 AM
Thanks for the pictures.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 10:00 AM
It is not only the schedule, Mass Gas and many other shows are on a Saturday or Sunday and they too have seen the vendor/buyer count continue to fall year after year. The one BIG factor is EBAY EBAY EBAY, it is just to easy to shop online
Posted By: oillease55 Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 10:17 AM
I agree KZ , e-bay has definately changed the game. ;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 10:25 AM
I am a working family man that has his priorities in perfect order!! My hobby as a advertising collector is a bit far down on that list. I have a lot of things to consider if I were to go to Iowa gas show. I would love to make it that show some year, butattending Iowa would mean sacrificing on other family events during the year. If Iowa was scheduled for later in the week, I would have a much better chance in making that show and spending my $$$ with the dealers. How many hundred people are in my shoes ???? For every person that does not attend for reasons similar to me that's a dealer that went home with $1000 less ( usually my budget). Really don't see me attending this show unless it changes. Looks like eBay will take my money this summer.
Posted By: LOWright Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 11:43 AM
I see a couple nice Die cut Shell's! I would be interested if one is still available. Thanks, Owen...........Thanks for the pics!
Posted By: Stu K. Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 11:48 AM
It was my first year at the show. Very comfortable atmosphere. I did notice a few empty spaces, but, thought it was a very good show. It is too bad if vendors and attendance was down. I did expect to see more exotic (rare) items. I also thought pricing was above normal in some cases. I do agree that e-bay has made purchasing easier, but one must look out for repops and items cannot be seen in person and handled and inspected. That is the major thing that this and other shows has going for them. I did wind up purchasing a rare sign. Considering not knowing anyone there, I found folks that were knowledgable of the items authenticity, rarity, and suggested price. They were more than willing to help. Find that on e-bay!!!
Posted By: Dewey Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 03:08 PM
This was the first year in quite awhile that I was able to attend... again, due to them moving it to the middle of the week and I have what is called a J O B. This year, I took a couple of days of vacation and went down early Thursday morning and stayed overnight for the auction on Friday. As I was walking around the swap meet on Thursday morning, I overheard several vendors say that they had already sold more on Thursday than they had all week! Yet, several vendors were already packing up! Seems to me they were missing out on more sales?? I am an amateur collector and don't buy alot, but I think this event is geared too much toward swapping among vendors and not enough to sales to John Q Public. Just my two cents...
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 03:16 PM
Ebay is OK, but if you have something in your hands, most of the time you know if it's the real deal or not. Buying from Ebay is very risky anymore with all the rip-off artists that are on there. Going to a show is still the best....
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 06:10 PM
the united motors bearing sign is too cool in any condition!!
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 06:46 PM
I had another great time at the show. Think we were the last ones selling in the parking lot again Thursday night, plus there were a few cold ones nearby. Couple more pictures from the show.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/B2Max/DSC00152.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/B2Max/DSC00161.jpg[/img]
Posted By: LOWright Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 10:45 PM
Did the Wayne 60 showcase sell? That would be sweet to own! Thanks...............
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sat Aug 06 2011 11:24 PM
Roger winch ell had that by his spot.had a sold sticker on it last time iw walked by.
Posted By: sd389421 Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sun Aug 07 2011 01:06 AM
Who had the GMC signs? They look nice.

Great pictures!! Looks like a great show.

Wish the show was on the weekend. Just hard to get off work.

Al

Posted By: Chevrolet SS Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sun Aug 07 2011 02:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I know who had them, and I did not even attend the show. Send me a PM if interested in purchasing. Thanks.
Posted By: Shearpin Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sun Aug 07 2011 03:02 AM
Wayne 60 Showcase, light green in color, was purchased from one vendor to another and going to a new home.
Buyer told me he paid $2,400 for it.
Posted By: LOWright Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:08 AM
Thanks Bruce & Mick! Do you know if he is going to resell! And how about the nice shell signs? Sorry about all the questions! Bad economy/ trying to help! LOL
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sun Aug 07 2011 04:23 PM
I keep seeing the mid week schedule as a recurring theme in the discussion on Iowa Gas - in several different threads this week. I agree- but think the only way we can enact change is to contact the show promoters and let them know our feelings. Equally important for those who attend and those who don't to let them know the schedule is a problem for many. As a seller - buyers not coming hurts me. As a collector - other sellers not coming hurts me. The current Tuesday-Friday schedule requires every one to miss more work - which is another expense of doing a show.

Let the show promoters know if you want a different schedule and why. The more they hear it the better chance it may change to a weekend format and make it easier for more people to attend. IowaGas.com is the website - there is an email contact form and phone numbers there.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Sun Aug 07 2011 07:50 PM
Do you really think that they care? The suggestion was made years ago, and we at that time we were outsiders. It is like Hershey, the way it has been is the way it will stay.
Posted By: BBQ Chicken Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:06 AM
Could anyone help with contact for any of the 'cleaner' Shropshire Sheep signs? There was one marked in a picture outside for $495 and there was one inside in the hotel by the sliding glass window...... Does anyone know who had any of these? I would like to try and get one..... Dave Hathaway (919) 280-8810
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/shrop.jpg/

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:29 AM
Maxwell bros had them,but I think they sold out.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:37 AM
I think Randy Ross ended up with a couple of them.
Posted By: booboom Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 01:07 AM
I have one if interested, email me at rmcfeely@att.net
thanks Bob
Posted By: signdog Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 01:41 AM
How do I get ahold of one of the new price guides that were for sale inside the hotel?
Posted By: BBQ Chicken Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 02:15 AM
Bob, I emailed you, Dave
And Ryan, do you have Randy Ross' number or contact? Dave
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 02:26 AM
I hope they care - if not, the show will continue to decline and eventually die off. 25th Anniversary for IA this year - hope they adjust to what people want. Just read an article in PCM by Scott Benjamin addressing show schedules. I think Columbus is a lot better with a Thurs afternoon/eve, Friday swap, then Saturday auction.
Posted By: hotcidr Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 02:51 AM
My 10th. year at Iowa. Mary Sue and I had a great time and I did buy some nice signs and got to visit with some wonderful folks. I totally agree that this should change to Thursday or even Friday show with Saturday auction OR, Friday show and Saturday auction. I'm lucky having my own business and being able to take the time off but John and Ron have to start listening to all of us and make the change on days. I heard John telling someone on Tuesday afternoon that all but two spaces were accounted for but that's just plain BS. There were MANY empty spaces, WAY fewer buyers and many fewer Room to Room vendors and basically empty hallways as noted above. I'm really worried about where this is headed and it's really a shame.
Posted By: Tom Stover Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 03:00 AM
Ray, bring all your left over $$$ to Freds!!!
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 03:18 AM
completely agree Ray- plenty of empty spaces. And many spaces filled with parked vehicles - not tables of goods. Room trading was down too. Hope changes are made and it turns around - so more can & will enjoy it!
Posted By: keithia Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 03:26 AM
Vendor count did look down this year but we had the best show we have ever had and that was by the end of the day on Wednesday. Thursday was very good also. I also heard others say they did very well.

I did hear Ron talking to someone about possibly changing the dates of show but that is all I heard.

I was good meeting many of you guys and gals and see you again next year.

Keith
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 05:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Tom Stover
Ray, bring all your left over $$$ to Freds!!!

What a GREAT idea !

Hope to see you there.
Posted By: souperhigh Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 04:49 PM
We had a great time, sold alot and bought alot more. It is worth going to shows to see friends and meet people who you have visited with but never met.
I quit going to the CTO show as I personally thought it had gone down fast and missed the last two. But I have heard from many friends and say the new hotel is great and things are good again.
So I will be back as it is only a 16 hour drive.
The Dixie gas show is awesome because of Chip and his family and the area is just awesome.
I arrived in Iowa Monday evening and left friday afternoon. Had a blast as I said and will go as long as I can.
I own a business so even at Iowa gas I thought I might have to leave early and had to miss my flight to Michigan Gas at the last minute due to work so it is always a roll of the dice. The Tuesday thru Friday is a tough time for many people I agree as it consumes a whole week.
Just my 2 cents worth

I removed the political comment. Ryan
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 05:35 PM
I had a blast and got to know a lot more people that I had no faces for! I have a ton of stories to tell but the highlight for me was the "Bowling With Bennett" activity! LOL
Dick Bennett decided to send over some oranges but he acted like they were bowling balls and sent them rolling from about 200 feet away! John LaPrest walked over just as one got launched and he stopped it perfectly! Sure made for some juicy oranges, which we consumed immediately! Dick is a pretty good bowler, by the way! LOL
Posted By: grabber Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 08:55 PM
Last year was my first year and I flew in...this year I brought the truck and vended outside...I thought the show was AWESOME! There were more killer pieces there than the pictures show...however most get sold quickly (if they are nice and priced close they were GONE)...I enjoyed getting to talk with guys about the good ole days there when the show was larger. Not sure what the silver bullet is for any show but I think Iowa is just great...in the middle of the country where folks from both coasts can meet. Things seemed to be selling well...I noticed a lot of guys carrying signs/cans/etc around. I heard multiple vendors say they sold better than in years which I think is a GREAT sign considering everything. If you work during the middle of the week I'm sure its brutal having to take 3/4 days of vacation time...but well worth it if you can pull it off. Great meeting some old friends and new ones at Iowa. See everyone at Dixie.

Joey
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Mon Aug 08 2011 08:56 PM
hotcider you are right on with your comments.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Tue Aug 09 2011 02:12 AM
Changing the Show date to a COOLER month would Greatly Improve the turn out. Heat & Humidity is Killer.
Posted By: pollyman Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE - Tue Aug 09 2011 02:16 AM
Does anyone know who had the large signal gas sign? What an awesome looking show. I will have to make it out there sometime. The Thurs/Friday thing would definitely make it easier. Thanks.
Posted By: racecop Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 02:57 AM
I had a great time at Iowa Gas. We took 45 pumps to the show and sold 23 I think. This was the best year for us yet. Our best pump was a Saint Louis 409 which isn't pictured sold. Thank you to everyone who stopped to see us. Hope to see you next year.

Attached picture IMG_3057-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3060-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3061-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3062-s.jpg
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 03:17 AM
Hello Everyone,
Made it home today with an even fuller trailer than what is was leaving the show. Dick helped by pulling my trailer with his truck from Flagstaff AZ to my home in Ca. He noticed my 302 was straining pulling all the extra weight. His truck pulled that lead sled up the hills with ease!
Thanks again Dick!
It was an awesome show IMO. I sat down and spoke with Ron about changing the dates to a cooler month and he explained to me that he has tried but could not because doing so would conflict with the hotels other event weekends and also other gas shows. He told me that we had 156 venders this year including inside venders.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: pollyman
Does anyone know who had the large signal gas sign? What an awesome looking show. I will have to make it out there sometime. The Thurs/Friday thing would definitely make it easier. Thanks.

I'm not sure who had the Signal sign, but when I stoped to see it, he said it just sold for $9500.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 04:22 PM
Wasn't quite enough weight on Rob's trailer, so WE picked a Wayne 60 Narrow w/ guts less than 100 miles of home. We're stopped at a fruit stand when a junky drives up & asked IF WE Buy pumps. I replied No, we like hauling them around to waste gas!
Posted By: pollyman Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info on the Signal sign. Too rich for my blood.
Posted By: pollyman Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 06:56 PM
I hope to see that trailer at Fred's this year Rob. Glad you guys had a good time.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 10:08 PM
Jason ,
It is cheaper for me to just send you photo's of the trailer full than driving up to Fred's LOL
Picked up a cool Sharmeter cashrecorder barn fresh on the way to Iowa. It was a great trip!
Rob
Posted By: DasFast1 Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Tue Aug 09 2011 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Wasn't quite enough weight on Rob's trailer, so WE picked a Wayne 60 Narrow w/ guts less than 100 miles of home. We're stopped at a fruit stand when a junky drives up & asked IF WE Buy pumps. I replied No, we like hauling them around to waste gas!

LOL!!! Classic LOL!!!
Posted By: Tom Stover Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Wed Aug 10 2011 12:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Gas Pump Rob
Jason ,
It is cheaper for me to just send you photo's of the trailer full than driving up to Fred's LOL
Picked up a cool Sharmeter cashrecorder barn fresh on the way to Iowa. It was a great trip!
Rob
It costs ALOT less to drive to Fred's than Iowa...better weather too!!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Wed Aug 10 2011 04:15 AM
Tom,
I have to agree with you on that!
Rob
Posted By: pollyman Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Wed Aug 10 2011 08:14 PM
Rob,

It's cheaper for me if you drive up to Fred's. We'll maybe not. LOL. Plus I have to give you that moving blanket back, that is worth the drive right there. Send me some pictures of your finds, for sale and not for sale. I enjoy seeing what you pick up out there.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Thu Aug 11 2011 03:52 AM
Jason,
Will try to send or post pictures soon!
Thanks for storing my blanket.
Rob
Posted By: Signal Oil Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Thu Aug 11 2011 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: pollyman
Thanks for the info on the Signal sign. Too rich for my blood.

That is for sure!

Scot
Posted By: iowaoil Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sun Aug 14 2011 12:21 AM
Originally Posted By: racecop
I had a great time at Iowa Gas. We took 45 pumps to the show and sold 23 I think. This was the best year for us yet. Our best pump was a Saint Louis 409 which isn't pictured sold. Thank you to everyone who stopped to see us. Hope to see you next year.

Pretty sure that St. Louis 409 is hanging out in my trailer....thrilled to get it!!!
Posted By: keithia Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES - Sun Aug 14 2011 06:27 PM
Glad you like the St. Louis 409 and I am glad YOU get to unload it. One HEAVY pump.

Keith
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk